Sonic Core Modular IV

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

kylie
Rank-o-phile

Re: Sonic Core Modular IV

Post by kylie »

nice try, jimmy, but:

if mod4 is available beginning 2009-12-15, how are we supposed to do patches for it and send them in with a deadline that reads 2009-12-12, then? ;)
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
dawman

Post by dawman »

It seems like the patches to get a Mod IV are meant to inspire the upper level patch makers from here to send in some new patches prior to the release of the new Mod IV. If they win, they get a freebie. My patches are of a very basic nature but I keep adding new finds and changing them, but I seriously doubt I would ever win anything unless the competition was meant to emulate hardware keyboards of Yore. I have some outstanding Hohner D6 Clavinets, DX7/9 EPianos, Roland JX-P or '60's Combo Organs. I have quite a ways to go, but just recently discovered a beautiful find thanks to Stardusts' reply to JoPo about audio conversion of an LFO.
I tried the HexaDrive from Flexor III and thought it had great timbre on the Type 6 setting, as it changed my Saw waves into notched waves. But reading the explanation of the Ripple Drive and how it had the coloration of an old sampler I tried it, and I actually found the perfect Combo Organ sizzler. I have tried that for years and only made passable attempts on various samplers and romplers, etc. I use to have a Vox Continental when I was in the 7th grade talent show, and a Farfisa Synth-a-Slalom w/ a Leslie in the 10th Grade Talent show so I know what it should sound like. Now in my early '50's I finally have it. Better late than never.
It's just a minute detail that some old Bastard like me would notice. But if one wants the quality to be perfect, as in the Walking On The Sun sound, it's here hidden in Flexor. No other drive device or saturator can do this. And it only happens at the very maximum amount of Ripple.
01-091204_0209.mp3
untitled.JPG
iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

It probably means they already consider having enough presets to release the thing at that date, IMO...
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

Entered for patch creation compo, i hope this is not for xite only!
dawman

Post by dawman »

It's vague as usual.
No description if 3rd party modules can be used, etc.
I am going to give it whirl also.
Can't win if you don't go, and I miss being an amatuer amongst experts.
It's a perfectly humbling experience.

May the best man win. Hopefully it's not a polticially correct contest where everyone is a winner and there's no therapy classes for dealing with the catastrophic news that you are a LOSER.............. :lol:
julian

Post by julian »

so i'll clarify some things ;)

modular IV is basicaly a set of new modules for the modular II/III, combined with new gfx and a bugfixed modular frame
so its fully downwards compatible, all previous modular modules, flexor and 3rd party stuff should work fine.
there are a lot of fixes included (preset bug fixed, hanging gui fixed, even some of the modular III modules fixed ;) )

cheers,
julian
katano

Post by katano »

Thanks for the informations Julian,

So you're the man behind modular then :)

Cheers
Roman
pollux

Post by pollux »

Did anyone received yet the download / keys for the Mod IV contest?

I sent the email last week, but nothing happened since...
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

Nope...I sent them an email the day of the announcement & nothing here yet...
Joel
iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

katano wrote:Thanks for the informations Julian,

So you're the man behind modular then :)

Cheers
Roman
Looks like he is and I think I remember reading one of these S|C guys asking direct questions about bugs out there, in modular topic.
Thanks Julian
iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

netguyjoel wrote:Nope...I sent them an email the day of the announcement & nothing here yet...
Same here, look at signature. Waiting for so-called "finance accountant" :D
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

Well...today is the 12th....anyone heard from S|C about keys or a download....?
Joel
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Yes, I think so ... :)
iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

I'm still waiting for an answer from them, even though they probably received the payment.
I'm going to bust their balls again today as I still don't know what to do about the shipment or deactivation of my current scope board.
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

I feel you are waiting for the full version of Mod IV which release as been delayed to the 24.12.2009
The contest to win a free Mod IV licence has also been delayed to the 23.12.2009
What we all received was a temporary licence for that contest, but no release licence ...

CheerZ
iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

Nop! And I might be a little OT: what I am waiting for is Xite... And eventually Mod IV afterwards (if they are serious enough to tease me for it)...
sonicstrav

Post by sonicstrav »

As part of the introduction of the Modular III, CreamWare is holding a contest. Users can submit their own patches to CreamWare up until November 31, 2002. Each of the five best entries will be rewarded with CreamWare software with a value of 200 Euro.

The Modular III is available now in the CreamWare Online Shop and from CreamWare dealers. The price is 249 Euro. Owners of the Modular V2 can upgrade to the Modular III for 98 Euro. Operation of the Modular III plug-in requires one of the CreamWare DSP systems Luna, PowerSampler, Pulsar or SCOPE /SP.

http://www.musiciansnews.com/synthesize ... fusi.shtml

This looks familiar doesn't it?
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

Just a quick test i did, cheking out the "presence" of this lovely little modular, adjusting just a few parameters.

Dont expect any compositional magic, it's just a test of how the filters cut through etc.

All sounds except drums (and two blips of the metronome at the start, sorry, cant be bothered to re-upload:) )is from the hyperadvanced modular below.

Oh, i also used spinner delay, SC Plate and Vinco on this one.
Attachments
simoplesynth.jpg
simoplesynth.jpg (129.36 KiB) Viewed 4017 times

[The extension mp3 has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

Nice! Minimalistic ballistic!
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

Oh yes, anthing above 5 tracks is a waste of megabytes! :)
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.