Modular Patches

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

netguyjoel

Modular Patches

Post by netguyjoel »

I would like to see two things evolve for Modular synths.

1. A patch library from Scope PCI & XITE users, here on the Z (just cuz I suck at programming synths)
2. Be able to load patches, like presets, without loading another device, and delete the other one.

I am late to the whole modular thing...I've been using synths & the samplers (60 GB worth) which has kept me busy.

Once I got the XITE, I could actually use several HUGE Modulars (with a lot of voices), huge synths & mixers, which I couldn't do w/ my 6 DSP card previously.
Any advice, of course, would be just ducky.... :wink:
thanking you in advance....
Joel
dawman

Re: Modular Patches

Post by dawman »

I think you'll need to either have 4 x seperate patches on the same MIDI Channel.
You can set it up so a single Program change message will change all 4 patches to the same preset. Then mute or blend each patch which will widen your sound pallette.
Or, have a giant Modular Patch with a few types of synthesis and use audio switches to go from a subractive analog ( oberheim/prophet/moog ) to a Waldorf Wavetable from of synthesis, etc.
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

Multiple instances of Modulars seems to be the way to go. Load 2,3, or 4 different ones...then mute & solo away!! :wink:

I still think we need a user patch library (if one doesn't allready exist)
thx J
Joel
dawman

Post by dawman »

There's tons of stuff, but you and I are performers who really need custom synths instead of noisemakers, and mathematical equations.
j9k has the most bizzare modules, and I can hardly understand some of the concepts. But these are better for high level Modular cats, niot a moron like me.
But I know what I want and have lots of help from a few cool lurkers, so I will share as I go along.
I currently have Clavinets, Combo Organs, String Machines, PolySYnths, and a great Lead Patch. I am trying to see if I can create the seperate Oscillator glides, and a few other techniques I cannot live without.
I will be happy to share when I feel they have been perfected.
The effects we do not have in regular Scope can be easily made in Modular too.

CiaoMein,
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

I'm going to start here

http://www.modularsynth.co.uk/patches.html

These guys seem to have the most patches cataloged anywhere I've seen...I'm gonna be at this for a while, when I get out of the salt mines in about an hour... :wink:
Joel
Ben Walker

Post by Ben Walker »

netguyjoel wrote:I'm going to start here

http://www.modularsynth.co.uk/patches.html

These guys seem to have the most patches cataloged anywhere I've seen...I'm gonna be at this for a while, when I get out of the salt mines in about an hour... :wink:
Unfortunately, this list is way out of date.
It is my intention to catalogue every patch developed for Mod 1,II, III & IV, and have them available for download from my site (as some are no longer available elsewhere) but this is a big task and I won't be able to start until the new year. I'll need people's help gathering patches once I start.

Ben
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

Are you thinking, category by Author, or by type (pads, arp seq, drums, bass, etc) or both?
I've started collecting some..but with no method to the madness..it is quite a task for sure...just trying to organize them all....whew :-?
Joel
Ben Walker

Post by Ben Walker »

netguyjoel wrote:Are you thinking, category by Author, or by type (pads, arp seq, drums, bass, etc) or both?
I've started collecting some..but with no method to the madness..it is quite a task for sure...just trying to organize them all....whew :-?
Yes, I'm actually building a MySql database so patches can be categorised by author, date, type, etc. Have to finish off another couple of changes to the site before I can concentrate on this.
Ben
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

Brilliant! Now that's what I'm talkin about! Let me know if you need anything... :wink:
Joel