Flexor and Scope 5

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

Redeye

Flexor and Scope 5

Post by Redeye »

Hi everyone,
anyone using Flexor can they tell me what version Scope they have installed?

The Adern website seems to imply version 5 won't work.
I sent Adern a mail and posted on their forum 2 weeks ago but have had no reply.
I would like to expand the CWmodular with Flexor steroids - then it will be better than Nordmod G1 and G2.

[You can possibly understand my reluctance to 'downversion' scope to before v5]

Please and Thanks in advance,
Redeye
dawman

Re: Flexor and Scope 5

Post by dawman »

I believe Scope 5.0/XITE-1 are the same, but I could be mistaken though as the patches I make on XITE-1 do not seem to be compatible w/ guys using 4.1/5.0.
But I am even using Modules from Modular 1.0 that didn't work when I was using the cards.
IMHO Modular is the way to go until developers get a new SDK.
In this way I can create what I need and the customization of my synths and effects is free from compatability issues.
With the power of the XITE-1 I have run out of MIDI channels long before I run out of DSP.
I currently have 8 patches for controls and effects, and 6 large Modular synths for FM, Subtractive Analog, and sequencing of external Analog, and even Additive synthesis.
The answer from my side of things is yes.
Also the forum at Adern is deadsville. Occassional lurkers is about it. There is a forum chat that everyone seems to use, or at least use to.
Skype is much easier and one can bypass the usual 64bit whinings and get down to learning and using what is known to work.
untitled.JPG