Debussey Meets Modular

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Debussey Meets Modular

Post by dawman »

I have found and tweaked an excellent 6 Operator FM synth.
I think I will add Fraz's DX Router Sur w/ the 32 Algo's.
There's a patch w/ Multi Segment Envelopes but I like the BC Modular's ADSR Vintage Envelope for FM Stuff.
Since the Operators are so big and you need 6, the small size modules are cool and they have their own window to open anyways.
16 Voices is easy to get in the XITE-1,but 13 voices works great for pieces like this where lots of arrpegiated left and right stuff's going on.
01-091123_1147.mp3
untitled.JPG
next to nothing

Re: Debussey Meets Modular

Post by next to nothing »

nice one Sir :)
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
dawman

Re: Debussey Meets Modular

Post by dawman »

Thanks Brotha' Man NTN..........
I don't want you guys thinkin' I'm a Girly Man or something, but sometimes I just have to play this stuff.
There's such beauty in that particular era of French Impressionistic music.....Ravel, Debussey, etc.
Could you imagine those Monsters with Scope cards and a DAW.......... :o

Here's a conversion from Megerov's Basic DX patch using Frax77's DX Router and it's 32 Algorithms.
BC Modular is just perfect for big patches because of the small module size w/ pop up windows. I also like the convenience of Text modules too. Flexor has one and now BC Modular has one, but this one is bigger for old Bastards like me, and it has presets. That's great because you save pathways and menus.....coolness.
The keyboard is real radical though. I can trigger synths from the project window using MIDI out and it's hold functions are excellent for not having to hold a sustain pedal or finger when programming. This makes XITE-1 a breeze w/ a laptop and small gig bag.

The PBend Wheel has much finer resolution than any other I have seen too.
We live in a world of convenience with our Modular......
Roys MIDI controlled MVC C and XTra Large texts are just perfect for live performers.

This patch has many different timbres using 32 algorithms, and the fader sucks, so good thing Frax made a pop up window for algo selections.
Ankyuvarymush.

Cheers.
BC MODULAR FM.JPG