Weird Scenes Inside The Gold Mine

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Weird Scenes Inside The Gold Mine

Post by dawman »

I am getting some really cool 3D stuff and everything is working fine, and Thanks Roy the fraz77 stuff.
I can open up Modulars within a Modular, and dragging modules over into the SubMod host is a breeze, although archaic.
So far so good.
I want to have a few of these, and hopefully get the preset stuff from BenW.

Ankyu.
001.JPG
dawman

Re: Weird Scenes Inside The Gold Mine

Post by dawman »

Also in case some guys are interested in SubModevz.
No longer does one need to use the Explorer window to drag and drop modules.
Using BC Modulars Circuit Level Module, one can bring in an empty shell, use it like a regular Modular shell w/ the drop down menus.......Sahhwweeeeet.. :D
You can however use the host interface for Modular effects, and then use BC Modular's shell to build your embedded ASIO2 streams and synths.
This is really cool shit.
The SubModevz Loader is my default start-up. If I want I can just add a patch I have stored in a seperate folder, but these can be stored in the Modular folders, or wherever you want to store them.
I am hoping the Embedded ASIO and MIDI nodes work as I expect them too.
My goal is to have everything w/ switchable nodes in realtime.
001.JPG
irrelevance

Post by irrelevance »

BC modular control with CWmodular new sequencers would be nice.

With drag and drop you can do this from any mod window although no reason to not use bc modular.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Have you had success with the modules usd in ModConn?
I have not been able to figure that one out yet.
I got my Nodes chops happening, and the drop down menu empty shell trick, but the ModConn is the surface I would like to have showing during a gig.
From what I am understanding I can use the nodes for building and reverse engineering patches I like, while leaving the actual GUI of the modules to be viewed w/o cables....Nice.
Also, I can have cables disconnected,and re connected pre preset. I couldn't do this in Modular w/o having switches and serious MIDI assignments.
Having Roys sequencers and new large text/ CC info. modules is just great. The NVC C and MultuFilter before that, then those super precise envelopes......we are really spoiled.
I would pay for such modules, but I am eternally grateful to so many here. I should have delved into Modular long ago. I just started visually picturing the signals in my head lately.
That helps so much. Similar to memorizing classic Piano music. One day you wake up, and things just fall into place.... :wink:
untitledcc.JPG
irrelevance

Post by irrelevance »

So did Micron sort out the preset bug with this surface then? I have no idea how to use the modcon as yet I've also got two versions of the submod one is submoddevs and the other is submod loader. The loader doesn't have the modcon. Where did you get the large text module JV?
irrelevance

Post by irrelevance »

Hmmm.

You have been keeping her sweet then :lol: But where can I get such a module as incest is not my thing :P
dawman

Post by dawman »

I need those for the sake of viewing preset names and note numbers for sequencer pattern numbers.
Sometimes I lost track and double loading the same preset usually means others get loaded also as I use Wolf's 8 Channel MIDI Program Change module.
8 Channels are ASIO sample and never need to change. I use the footswitch pedals to change their articulations as they are mostly large string and horn instruments.
The other 8 channels are analog hardware synth and Scope stuff.
But I never stand next to my racks, so when developers and SDK guys make nifty modules for me I am eternally grateful.
I collapse the Modular windows, and then have Shroomz's Meters, so all of the cabling nonsense is uneccesary.
I just want to see ionformation from 15-20 feet away in the dark.....hence the " BigFatTextBastards."
Below is Prowave Modular with a sequencer. SOlaris has one, but I use PWave more so I add my own pattern sequencer.
I then keep it collapsed live so I can view the information.
PWAVE MOD.JPG
PWaveMod.JPG
roy thinnes

Post by roy thinnes »

hi irrevelance,
the big text + midi monitor modules can be downloaded here:
http://www.cwmodular.org/ModSingleDL/SuperBigText3.mdl (250x60)
http://www.cwmodular.org/ModSingleDL/MVCmidiText.mdl (750x60)
http://www.cwmodular.org/ModSingleDL/MVCmidiText+.mdl (same as above, with midi led)