Modular Effects

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Modular Effects

Post by dawman »

I recorded an hour and a half of live Piano last weekend using VDAT, 2 x PR40's and a Barcus Berry 4000. The Piano was recorded through an RNP8380 and the XITE-1's mic pre's.
I used a pair of Barbetta Sona's so I could use some effects and crank it up, as that what the owner likes.
It came out really noisy though and I didn't detect this while I was monitoring through the headphones.
I have 3 more weekends there to get things dialed in, but the only reason I am going to post the mp3 is because I made a Noise Gate using Modular, otherwise I would have waited until the recordings got better.
But since I ain't auditioning for a gig here, I don't mind chokin' in a forum.
As long as the gig sounds good and I keep the clunkers down to a minimum, it's all good.
Also worth mentioning is Martin's P100 sounds awesome live when there's effects needed.
I used 6 inches of stick on the Piano lid, and managed to keep the harmonics isolated, and a pinch of verb made the Baldwin Grand sound semi virtual.

Modular is starting to become a serious tool for me.
SAND DOLLAR.mp3
001.JPG
dawman

Re: Modular Effects

Post by dawman »

I made a FAT sounding Tube Effect using Shroomz Tube modules.
Also for XITE-1 notebook lovers, Modular has a keyboard now.
Look in the diagram of the routing window below and you'll notice I can trigger Prowave from the keyboard inside of Modular.... :D Serious Coolness.
A laptop and the XITE-1 in a little gig bag.......no need for a controller this way.
I can't get Glissandos for some reason...???
That isn't possible but would be cool to hold down the left click and use the notebook's GlidePoint device.......Ankyu...
LFO controlled panning is achieved by Stereo to mono mixers, and LP to BP morphing. 15/30Hz for the rates, and 25% and 50% for the depths. This is a nice way to move things and still have thickness in texture.
01-091121_2140.mp3
untitledA.JPG
untitledB.JPG