In depth tempo synch of flexor/modular to sequencer

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

seppa

In depth tempo synch of flexor/modular to sequencer

Post by seppa »

Hi there,

I've red a few post on syncing flexor or modular to the sequencer. But for a noobs like me I just didn't get much.

So I would be very grateful if someone could give a detailed explanation step by step on how to achieve that.

I don't really understand the different gate and ramp modules and I don't know if "sequencer midi source" routing to the modular is the only routing required for the sync to happen.

some suggest to record some one cycle of I dont know what and use it to sync but even that i dont know how to proceed.
some one suggested that
roy thinnes wrote:hi!
sorry for the late reply, I came across it just because you linked it in another thread.
1. Flexor's and most of cwm (not stock creamware) sequencer modules work the following way:
gate generating module (use a MVC module) -> Ramp GateIn (don't forget to connect MVCesync to MVC gateIn)
RampOut -> [SeqModule]RampIn
2. if you connect the Ramp as described above, and send note messages from your host seq to the Mod patch, the Ramp (and so the connected Seq modules)will restart everytime a note message is received.
3.to specify the tempo of the Ramp module, you have three options:
ext.Frq (connect eg a freq divider module to extFreq in of the Ramp; for more complex patches)
BPM (easiest for syncing to a host seq)
knob (text input or knob; =>noodles/experimental)
4. the procedure eliam described (audio signal from host seq) is not a must, just an option.
actually, I would not recommend it if you don't know exactly what you're doing resp. are not familiar with the Modular synth.
just use the Ramp as described in 1, 2 and 3.
5. the Virtual Perc patch has a Ramp module which tempo is modulated (FM input is connected to a pulse LFO), to simulate a more "human", not machine style rhythm. so you cannot "sync" it exactly to the host Seq tempo (just disconnect the pulseLfo to get a perfect sync).
hope that helps. :)
but i didnt understand it all....

sorry for being such a noob but I need to get that right so I can go on with my prod...

cheers guys :)
nightscope

Re: In depth tempo synch of flexor/modular to sequencer

Post by nightscope »

“Women and rhythm-section first!”
seppa

Re: In depth tempo synch of flexor/modular to sequencer

Post by seppa »

Thanks nighscope for the link.

Do you know wherer to feed back the recorded ramp signal in order to sync the modular patch.

cheers