Sonic-Core website - a test

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

Ben Walker

Sonic-Core website - a test

Post by Ben Walker »

Here's a little test for you.

Pretend you are a potential new user, investigating the possibility of investing in the platform on the S-C website.

Tell me
a.) how long it takes you to find out that there is a fully blown modular synth system available for the platform.
b.) how long it takes you to actually find any details about the modular synth.
c.) how long it takes to get a list of modules available.

No really - give it a try - I'm interested to see if it was just me being slow.

c.) Is a trick question - there's nothing like that level of detail on the site.

Now, let's say you've found the modIII in the shop:
Click on the product description link for more details.
Hunh? (That happens for all the synths in the shop).

It's not just the mod synth either. Minimax is (I think) S-C's flagship product but it's buried equally deeply. Maybe I was just unlucky, but it took me ages to find what little detail there is about MIII on the site, and I already know it exists. If you didn't know, maybe you'd never find it.

Ah well.
bosone

Re: Sonic-Core website - a test

Post by bosone »

Sonic-Core website is absolutely terrible, considering the HUGE potential of what they are selling.
i cannot understand who's in charge for promoting stuff.

the system is so flexible that you could write dozens of wiki pages about how to make connections, routing, the possible use in a studio, audio quality, plugins explanation and audio examples....

S|C marketing was always awful.... it's for this reason creamware filed for bankrupt 2 times... let's hope the best for S|C!

if S|C would just make some questions here in the forum about what to write in its site it would be submerged of great ideas.
then, maybe just pay some scope user to write wiki documents, tutorials, explanations, examples, make audio examples etc... that's all!

by the way... what about wiki pages handled by planetz community??
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

It is not a mystery that the sc doesn't know at all the marketing basis... :(
if it were it would be already a brand above the others (Protools, UAD, etc.)
so, S|C, acquire a very good marketing staff to promote your next market launch!!!
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
David

Post by David »

Apparently, I think I remember reading somewhere, Sonic-Core have their own web site developer.

So perhaps we can expect something much better in the future... 'soon'
bosone

Post by bosone »

if it is so, they should change it.
and take a web developer who knows at least the specs and the possibilities of a sonic-core card!!
David

Post by David »

True - maybe I was imagining the Website Developer for Sonic-Core

On the otherhand they have been putting up some neat updates recently

I thought there was another thread with suggestions for improving the website and marketing for Sonic-Core on PZ
David

Post by David »

I'm sure I read somewhere on this site where someone was mentioning spreading the word via wikipedia and getting the web crawlers to pick up on the Sonic-Core name etc etc.
bosone

Post by bosone »

feg wrote:I'm sure I read somewhere on this site where someone was mentioning spreading the word via wikipedia and getting the web crawlers to pick up on the Sonic-Core name etc etc.
i proposed some wiki-pages dedicated to sonic core and handled by all the community...
David

Post by David »

It's a good idea bosone - the rewards of more interest in the platform would hopefully bring dividends in third party development