True FM OR PM Patches

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

True FM OR PM Patches

Post by dawman »

My searches using the keyword's FM Synthesis, Phase Modulation, etc., have found nothing in Modualr Patches or the Devices threads. Anyone know of a Modular patch that can do 16 operators in FM or as Yamaha uses the PM type of synthesis.

Thanks, :wink:
valis

Re: True FM OR PM Patches

Post by valis »

16 op? Wow, my fs1r only has 8 operators.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Well actually, I have it now, and only need 2 instances of an 8 Operator patch. The FS1R is still a tough one to beat for FM. But I only needed those lush crystally EP's of yore.

I thought layering those w/ an analog, or an analog emulation would be cool, but the pads from an FM just work so much better. I wanted to bring back my ancient DX7IIFD / TX816 sounds, and Flexor III NBL AliasSaw Gate's w/ PM and FM, mixed w/ CW's FM Operators are exactly what I needed.

But 2 instances of an 8 Operator patch is what I meant to say. Both patches being slightly optimized, one for EPianos, and the other better suited for swells, pads, and Bass sounds.

After stealing ideas from great Modular cats like Alfonso, Faxinadu, at0m, and Assaf, I am starting to come to grips w/ Modular. It is quite addicting creating your own children. :D
valis

Post by valis »

I would have been impressed to find out that someone had made a 16op FM beast in modular/flexor :o
dawman

Post by dawman »

It's coming, but needs more DSP to achieve 16 voice poly.

BTW Brotha' Man Valis,

I really am very green w/ Modular, but I need to add velocity control and was wondering if you knew offhand what modules exist for this type of control, for a more dynamic approach.

I know that Morpheus achived it somehow, but cannot seem to figure this one out. I start the gig Friday and this would be nice to add to my patch for the cheesier ballads I will be forced to endure. Thank God our vocalist is very talented or I'd be chugging vast quantities of Jager. :roll:

Once Mehdi makes his FM synth, this patch will be gone with wind. :wink: