How to make a patch with "sampleandhold"

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

SonicTransportSystem

How to make a patch with "sampleandhold"

Post by SonicTransportSystem »

Hi to everyone,

Last night i was trying to make a patch with sampleandhold module using Mod II. I connect an audio source (oscilator) to the sampleandhold module in and a LFO to send frequency but i just hear a distortion of the sound the came from the Osc and if i play with the Lfo frequency knob the speed of Lfo changes, but this of course its normal. I think the strange distortion is not the effect that sampleandhold does! If someone can send me a simple patch with sampleandhold maybe i understand.

Cheers
Pedro
www.myspace.com/sonictransportsystem
roy thinnes

Re: How to make a patch with "sampleandhold"

Post by roy thinnes »

below you see a simple s&h application: generation of random values.
but from what you wrote..
I connect an audio source (oscilator) to the sampleandhold module in and a LFO to send frequency but i just hear a distortion of the sound the came from the Osc
- I think you mixed up "sample" and "sampling"?
sample&hold is just for generating control (not audio) signals.
SonicTransportSystem

roy thinnes wrote:below you see a simple s&h application: generation of random values.
but from what you wrote..
I connect an audio source (oscilator) to the sampleandhold module in and a LFO to send frequency but i just hear a distortion of the sound the came from the Osc
- I think you mixed up "sample" and "sampling"?
sample&hold is just for generating control (not audio) signals.
Thanks a lot for your help! I think i know what s&h does, i think that its something like "sample" and "hold" the voltage current that come from an oscillator and make like a loop of that voltage current for generate control signals, or am i wrong? I know that is nothing about digital sampling! So if in the S&H module there is an audio input the only modules that make sound (audio) are the oscillators.

I hope we continue to talk about the wonderfull world of modular synthesis...and i must say that this modular II have such a good sound quality, i have a nord modular and sometimes i think that for some kind of sound the modular II its better on the imitation of analog synthesis, and nord modular have 24 bit 96 khz audio out....

Cheers

Pedro
SonicTransportSystem

Hi again!

I decided to change the LFO and i put a sine wave LFO and gets really strange and crappy noisy..... a Coil type sound!! :)

Cheers