Feedback Patch Needed.

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Feedback Patch Needed.

Post by dawman »

I had this patch a while back and used it to simulate feedback on the tail of a Sampled Guitar lick.

My Guitarist is being a pain and doesn't want to use XITE-1 as he can't get feedback through my current amp modelled in DSP.

Is there a better amp modeller available, if not does anyone remember the patch that was good for this in Modular.

Thanks.
alfonso

Re: Feedback Patch Needed.

Post by alfonso »

A true manageable feedback, in the sense that you keep some control on it with bending or whammy bar modulating or sliding, the only one musically significant i.m.o., can only happen with a true feedback to the instrument strings. If the emulation provides a decent sound to be routed externally to feed a power section of a guitar amp (through the fx loop return, for ex.), he might obtain what he wants the traditional way with a beefy stage level. A problem could be however related to the double speaker response, the emulated one and the real one, which might rolloff too much brightness, but with some eq in scope or maybe a touch of psyq before the analog out routing it might be worth a try. It's anyway a delicate setting, you need the emulation have a really great response to volume changes and a hot amp setting and be sure that the feedback doesn't make the guitar so loud to clip the converters.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Sorry 4 The Late Thank You,

You just returned from vacation last week, and I just left. :D

The trouble is, and I understand this as I played Guitar years back, is that the sound from his little stage monitor sounds really good, and he can get so many different tones. Plus when he found out about my rotary cabinet, my argument of no unecessary stage monitors lost it's validity.

He has a Mesa Boogie Triaxis w/ a custom cabinet that uses 2 x 8" speakers, so it's a really nice recording rig, and the Sennheiser E609 can send the signal to the XITE-1's mic pre, or the FMR. Once he proved how quiet he could play and still have so many great tones, I could hardly argue.

Before I left I did learn how to get some real quality sounding feedback / distortion for my sampled Guitars though. I will be covering the Acoustic Guitar sounds and backing rhythm's when he's soloing, as I absolutely hate the way a group sounds when the Guitarist starts soloing and the whole meat of the sound drops out. While I do really enjoy a good power trio, live that powerful sound goes out the window when solos start, no matter how great the Guitarist is.

I was surpised how good VDAT sounds playing back the Drum tracks, The Tobias Bass signal is sent to the FMR and BAM, and sent to the powered cabinets. So I believe we can get a really powerful low db sound using a small Guiatr rig and Rotary cabinet, while Scope can process the Bass, Vocals, and Keyboards.

What are you using for your Guitar sound these days?
Me$$iah

Post by Me$$iah »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote: You just returned from vacation last week, and I just left.

So go vacation, dude.

no-one reply to Jimmy for at least a week. hehe.

Posting here when you should be enjoying time away with the family, now that is dedication.

:P