a new sampler in modular, please!

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

bosone

a new sampler in modular, please!

Post by bosone »

i think modular needs an advanced sampler engine!

a upgraded sampler module, maybe derived from STS5000 in which you can load multiple (stereo) wavs and assign them to different keys (and save programs/load akai mappings)
with pitch control and maybe timestrecth / playback speed control and with sample starting point selection (with a waveform window, not just a number)
add some modulation capabilities using velocity or note number or other CC to modulate volume, pitch, timestretch/speed, starting point (other?!)

with this module you can build the most awesome sampler you need, modulate the sound, use filters, effect... all inside the modular....
eliam

Post by eliam »

...or "modularize" the sts series, allowing, -among other things- filter slots to load modular filters...

Your idea is excellent though and would be a welcome addition to the mod environment.
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

+1 nice idea! :)
STS5000 ported into modular could be a killer!!!

i.e. in Nord Modular II is availabla a realtime sampler module (I really don't remember how many memory slots...) that is awesome for improvisation and overdubbing experimentation.
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.