Modular 2 for Pulsar 1 + 2 SRB

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

Zer

Post by Zer »

Has anyone an idea how to get a test version, I tried it the temporary licence way, but somehow that didn´t work...always telling me I got the wrong licence) - I just want to test what has been improved although the modular stuff is a bit too complex for me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zer on 2001-07-17 03:16 ]</font>
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

Everything has been improved with Mod2, here's a short list:

* Interface: All modules are smaller and take up less screen space. Color coded wires with adjustable tension. These two things make it much, much easier to work with.

* Modules: Lots of really awesome new modules. Some of the highlights include the Sequencers and Vocal Filters (A_E_I_O_U). This way, you can actually play with a Mod2 patch like you would play with Reason; sequence inside of it, make patterns, switch patterns, etc.

I'd say if you're at all interested in Modular Synthesis that it's one of the best "software" packages out there.
algorhythm

Post by algorhythm »

and drums!!! drum oscillators, sample players, sequencer, drum drum drum.

us drummers like this yes oh yes

(and we are quite mad, mad indeed!)
Zer

Post by Zer »

...drums??? Well, I have never been impressed by any vitual drum machine, they are all sounding like crap...even the attack manufactored by walldorf has just a few sounds which are useful, even if you´re configuring the sounds to the maximum, and the edsi devices??? Brrr...are sounding even more worse than an 18 year old 505.... so my drums will always be sampler or hardware related....
algorhythm

Post by algorhythm »

. . . and the mod 2 give us sample drum oscs, and a drum sequencer, so i don't see the point of the gripe :wink:
i do share your sympathies to some extent; that is, emulating "real" drum sounds does not work very well and sounds cheezy, especially cymbals and hi hats. but more "IDM" (damn i hate that name) type percussion sounds can be made by using extreme pitch mod settings and FX. usually half of the cheeziness is in that the sounds of drum synths are too clean and thin. have you tried using compression, eq, and distortion on a drum synth? this can usually help these problems substantially (but not eliminate them).

cheers!
Zer

Post by Zer »

Yes, fx and compression...but it works much better, if you sample drums, use any sample editor, edit everything as you want and use a sampler e. g. the EXS24 or any other. That won´t smash my little cpu and works more efficient as you are able to route the sampler through any fx again and the sound sounds already as I ´d like it to.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zer on 2001-07-17 09:28 ]</font>