New Modular patches from Alfonso D'Amora

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

Ben Walker

Post by Ben Walker »

Hi,
you should check out the new patches on the CW user page.
The 'Another world' patch is great for weird percussive (and other) noises, but the one that really impressed me was 'Pro-Teic' - it's a very simple, but very versatile patch which has some very well made presets.
Check them out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ben Walker on 2001-08-07 03:50 ]</font>
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

hi ben, nice to hear these nice words.
two minutes ago i posted to cw site a new synth called "synth guitar".

here are the notes i sent with it:

"after a year on attempts i finally got it!
now pulsarians can drive a modular synth with a guitar. or a voice. or any monophonic audio signal.
i made the presets with a full volume stratocaster neck pick-up pre-amplified in a behringer 802a with max peaks to "0" and then in pulsar analog input, but when i checked the presets with some ugly falsetto in a mic they where sounding the same as driven by guitar.
the fact is that this is not a filter. this is a true analog synth drivable from any sound source, keeping its own sound almost regardless of sound source spectrum. of course range, dynamics, levels, playing technique of the sound source affects the synthesizer's response, but for example if you sing some vocals, words will never be audible (like in vocoder or in simple filtering).
this synth accepts mostly monophonic lines, but can be great in power chords, expecially on 4th, 5th and 6th strings.
as this patch is using modules playing unusual roles, two things are recommandable:
the bandpass filter immediatly after audio ins acts as an harmonic content reducer to get the proper oscillator syncronization, so if you want a tonal respomse, resonance must be off.
the tuning of the sync'd oscillator is better on low range.
of course great effects can be achieved otherwise.

enjoy, alfonso d'amora."
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

synth guitar now on planetz
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

for mod 1 & 2
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

new ultralight patches:
guitar(not only) "tuner"
"expressor", to apply envelope triggering with any audio signal to any stereo audio signal (thanks to ingo for the 4+4mod). good for "breath control" type effect, but use voice instead of breath.