Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

JLS

Post by JLS »

THX :-)
JLS

Post by JLS »

Hi Roy

GateSeq module is great is possible to make 32 gate version ?

( my idea same module lenght but buttons 32 bullets for save worklplace )

+ simple gate to ramp module ( connect your CwMidi to GateSeq - for complete compatibility )

Very thanks

:-)
roy thinnes

Post by roy thinnes »

Hi Kamil,
problem is that I couldn't manage to make a MidiClock seq module. I have a strong feeling that there are one or two dsp files missing in the free sdk software. But i'll look into that from time to time, promised.
a 32step module would be no problem circuit-wise, but a lot of work and fiddling -imagine an excel sheet with, say, 100 rows where you have to constantly scroll up and down 32x4 times. Argh!
But for relaxation, I made two fx modules: Phaser and Chorus, with lots of modulation and, esp. the Chorus, new sound possibilities.
Check it out!
JLS

Post by JLS »

Do not stop it your modules adventure

All modules is great

VERY THANKS :-)
faxinadu

Post by faxinadu »

simply amazing!!!! more more more! :D :x 8) :P :o 8)
Scope, Android, Web, PC Plugins and Sounds:
http://www.oceanswift.net
Music
https://faxinadu.bandcamp.com/
widy

Post by widy »

hi

very very thx for this devices. :-)

If I had one wish freely, I would like the following.
just standard const value modules with lables

i know i can label with the explicite text modules with e.g flexor .. but this can save many space, and i can build user friendly mods
Attachments
e.g like this
e.g like this
ccb.JPG (4.93 KiB) Viewed 7291 times
roy thinnes

Post by roy thinnes »

okey-dokey mister.
I hope you enjoy the new modules I've uploaded. See first post of this topic.
widy

Post by widy »

yeah !! :)

great work

i did some testing:
something is strange to me:
A2Gate ... value ? can not modifie this .. should this be possible for
labeling ?

math
add2L ... cann not connect to const value modules .. see picture
but it works for the other math modules

condThro ... im not sure but i think it wont work on fast signals e.g sin lfo
if i connect a lfo and a felxor val monitor .. with NO condThru
in between the val monitor shos the lfo in the right way ...
also on fast lfo ...but if i connect to condThru in between ..
the vlau monitor jump to discrete values ... can not descripe
it in an better way ;(

7bitmeter ... assign of midi cc not possible ..
this is not so bad .. if it works i can do the same trick as with
FELXOR val monitor to send midi cc to other synths ..
( but not so bad i use flexor val monitor with bit quant before
to avoid to much midi cc traffic :)

constVal should send 0 to 1 and not -1 to 1 ..see pic .. module has the same behaviour as the constValB

range2Val i dont unterstand this module ... the output only changes
once a time to setuped value ...if i connect a lfo to the input ...
is this a correct behaviour

so far so good .. great work :).. but i can not test more today .. girlfriend was calling me :-)
Attachments
add2l
add2l
add2 L.jpg (14.9 KiB) Viewed 7236 times
constVal
constVal
const value prob.JPG (22.64 KiB) Viewed 7238 times
rangetoVal
rangetoVal
hmm.JPG (16.04 KiB) Viewed 7238 times
lg widy
JLS

Post by JLS »

Roy very thanks new modules :-) AD env and math function is my favorite

little bug list:

- constval and constvalB not stored position when save patch

THANKS Kamil
roy thinnes

Post by roy thinnes »

thanks for the replies!
widy wrote:something is strange to me: A2Gate ... value ? can not modifie this
this is a text fader to switch between "value" and "signal" (click on it and move it up or down)
widy wrote:add2L ... cann not connect to const value modules ..
mh, I can't reproduce this. But the module had a bug in computing the sum of the two inputs (fixed)
widy wrote:condThro(...)
yes, this module is async, meaning it's not suited for lfo speed more than ~1Hz. But I'll try to make a sync module with tight timing.
widy wrote:7bitmeter ... assign of midi cc not possible ..
oops! don't know how this could happen. please use the new meters I made.
widy wrote:constVal should send 0 to 1 and not -1 to 1 ..see pic .. module has the same behaviour as the constValB
fixed!
widy wrote:range2Val i dont unterstand this module
the output don't show up in the Flexor ValMonitor modules, but in the cwm ValMeters, for (to me) unknown reasons.
JLS wrote:little bug list: - constval and constvalB not stored position when save patch
fixed!
see ya
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Thanks a lot for the new modules Roy!! Very cool indeed. :cool:

I have to ask:- Is there any chance you could specify which modules are straight sdk module to modular module conversions? I'm just wondering if say the logical math operators are different in any way from the ones that we have in the sdk & could get use out of in building devices.

Thanks again,
Shroomz
roy thinnes

Post by roy thinnes »

dear Shroomz,
many modules I made are just plain sdk module conversions (I have to admit that :oops: ) - don't know why cw didn't plublish them by themselves. Some others are combinations of sdk modules.
ps1 the first thing I did when I got the sdk was to study the *.nfo text files and to make some notes on what I thought to be important.
ps2 math operations can be found in the CircuitDesign/Logical/MathOperators folder. where also some other goodies are lurking...
ps3 thanks again for the preset file help. It's surprisingly easy to make a module preset-compatible :P
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

thanks for the reply Roy.

regarding ps2:- yes, I spotted that the first time I looked through the sdk almost 10 months ago, but thanks for the heads up anyway. :D

regarding ps3:- yes it is & that's a valid dig... I'll get my finger out. :D

You're doing an amazing job btw dude. Keep it up & keep the modules coming!!! (please) :cool:

best regards,
Shroomz
roy thinnes wrote:dear Shroomz,
many modules I made are just plain sdk module conversions (I have to admit that :oops: ) - don't know why cw didn't plublish them by themselves. Some others are combinations of sdk modules.
ps1 the first thing I did when I got the sdk was to study the *.nfo text files and to make some notes on what I thought to be important.
ps2 math operations can be found in the CircuitDesign/Logical/MathOperators folder. where also some other goodies are lurking...
ps3 thanks again for the preset file help. It's surprisingly easy to make a module preset-compatible :P
Cochise

Post by Cochise »

Thank you very much Roy. The modules and your site are a great resource.

I should be further more happy being able to find some explanation about the working of some of them, but I will understand, sooner or later...
JLS

Post by JLS »

Hi Roy

today im testing your two new SH module

- new S&Hcwm not produce same signal like your old S&Hcwm module (when this module test in my ManMacro patch new module produce bad glitches, old module working fine ) what is difference in modules ?

- S&Hcwm2 is self signal generator ? if disconnect triger signal (In2) my algo produce sound, not stopped ( when replace SHcwm to SHcwm2 im my ManMacro patch )

old SH module is better for me, this is normal or bug? thanks info

little bug in new module condThruSync - when set min and max range and input modulate signal from lfo module return to zero value any cycle

Peace Kamil (sorry my bad english)
roy thinnes

Post by roy thinnes »

Hi Kamil,
sorry it was nonsense to replace the old s&h by the new version (now renamed "s&hcwm3"). It's different algos: the in2 of the of the old version is for a trig signal. in the new version it can be any signal, at least if it is different from the "old" sample val2.
cwm3: in1Val=1 in2Val=22 outVal=1, then: in1Val=2 in2Val=22 outVal=2(nothing has changed because in2Val didn't change), then: in1Val=3 in2Val=23 outVal=3
cwm2: in1=1 in2=22 outVal=1, then in1=2 in2=0(val1 is sampled)outVal=2, then in1=33 inVal=2 outVal=2(remembers the old sample because val2 is not zero).
together with the range2val module you can use a specified range of values to act as a sample trig signal, say if lfo is between -55 and -22 (range2Val:newVal=0) the signal is held, if outside this range it's connected through.
condThruSync: see it as a feature not as a bug. you can make nice melodies just with a lfo for in, another for min and a constVal for max.
sorry here are different dsp modules involved, one of them being a multiplier (which gives a zero output if one factor is zero).
Some new modules:
ExpModulatorCSyn is a multiplier where you can have extreme exp curves.
GateInverter: please copy the corresponding dsp file into the App/Dsp folder.
Min2MaxInverter: a "special" inverter: -64 to 0 => 0 to 63 and 1 to 63 => 63 to 1
Mux2 is similiar to cwm3 module, but with a switch ability for in1 and in2: if sel =0 in 1=> out, else in2=> out.
if range2Val is used, type in "0" in the -64/+63 textField; if constVal is used, type in"0" in the 0.000 textField.
JLS

Post by JLS »

Hi Roy

thanks info and new modules :-)

my new example ManMacroII patch in ManMacro modular thread

Tip for new modules:

- basic waveform lfo and osc but complete free modulate ( fine and coarse parrameter mod source )

- sine oscilator with feedback parrameter and sample delay routine ( ideal for drone and psymod sound ) - my idea routing is classic sine + mod sample delay + feedback mix parrameter + decay envelope - probably this working only mono but cool :-)

THANKS

Kamil
roy thinnes

Post by roy thinnes »

haha, that's just what I was going to do next. I know it's not exactly what you're after - it's just a little teaser for stuff coming soon.
sineMini-just a small sineOsc
sineMiniX2- as above but with 2 sine oscs
sineMiniPiM- sine osc with 2x pitch mod + intensity control
sinePiM2im- as above but with intensity mod input.
More to come soon 8)
roy thinnes

Post by roy thinnes »

...for example the new FMsine1 osc. :) (see first post)
roy thinnes

Post by roy thinnes »

...and FMsine2: this one is a big one: two AD envelopes can control the two FM input signals - there are also smooth and attenuator faders for better handling. To bypass the EGs, switch to "ext". EP as well as typical FM sounds made easy!