Want to buy STS 3000

Have Scope hardware to sell or trade? NO DEALER POSTING ALLOWED.

Moderators: valis, garyb

samplaire

Post by samplaire »

hi,
I'm going to buy the STS 3000 and don't know what the registration process is. I'm using Mac G4/400 with Luna II board and noticed .oxe files cannot be unstuff (or so) on Mac. Will the file come to me in .oxe format?
AudioIrony

Post by AudioIrony »

If you buy it over the net it will....
Just run your Pulsar software... then run the .oxe file and it will install... intructions for installing software you buy from Creamw@re are on your personal page.
It's too easy....
---xxxxxxxx---
And Charlie said: "I'm cool with that" and set fire to a posh hammer to make it official
---xxxxxxxx---
samplaire

Post by samplaire »

ok, but before i buy it i'm unable to see the instructions on how to install the file... After double clicking an .oxe file ('easter special' or so) many idiotic suggestions appeared on the screen but none connected with luna soft.. I even tried to set the file exchange control panel to make luna recognize .oxe files - with no result (also tried to change type/creator settings of the .oxe file to allow luna to recognize...). But I still don't know if the file will indeed come in .oxe format?
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

It tells you how on "My Page" on the Creamware website in the "Download" section where you get your keys generated on-the-fly instantly and can download and install your new device in minutes.

Here is a direct quote:<i>
Mac:
Please make sure that you have a software version of Luna, Pulsar or SCOPE /SP installed which complies to the system requirements of the plug-in you whish to install. After saving the download package to your local drive you have to start your Luna / Pulsar / SCOPE. If the *.oxe.bin-file was not extracted automatically to an *.oxe-file by your browser, you have to do this by double-clicking the *.oxe.bin-file. The installation is started by double clicking on the *.oxe-file. Now the modules will be registered on your computer and installed to your device directory.
Troubleshooting: Installing an OXE file on the Mac can be problematic. The program will be launched, but due to a wrong file extension the files and the keys may not be installed. Extracting the ".bin" file results in two files, one is displayed with the SCOPE symbol, the other one has the extension ".ungz". The file with the SCOPE symbol must be renamed so that it has the extension .OXE. The installation will work then.</i>
samplaire

Post by samplaire »

Thak You guys for your patience and.. for help, of course :smile:
samplaire

Post by samplaire »

Now I'm a bit wiser. The only way to use .oxe files on Mac/Luna is to do a trick with the content of the file (using hex editor). The process is discribed step-by-step somewhere here (sorry, but I don't remember where exactly - perhaps in the tips and tricks area). I know it because now I'm a happy user of a second board which is Pulsar I (second hand one, of course) and with Pulsar soft it is very simple - oxe file has (automaticly) a pulsar icon and you just click on it... Using Luna II (2.52 soft) it is impossible, unfortunatelly...