Anyone selling synths? zarg, celmo, sequential circuits, wav

Have Scope hardware to sell or trade? NO DEALER POSTING ALLOWED.

Moderators: valis, garyb

orbita

Post by orbita »

Please let me know via private message.

thanks
To be or not to be. What was the question?
at0m

Post by at0m »

I've experienced some problems with 3rd party developpers who were afraid to be warez'd. Read agreements on their websites carefully before you buy. Mail them in advance to let you know your intention may prevent problems later.
orbita

Post by orbita »

Problems of what kind?

Are you saying be careful of buying second hand or just becareful buying synths in general?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: orbita on 2002-05-10 07:49 ]</font>
at0m

Post by at0m »

One developper had not made clear that his device (which was not card registered) was not to be sold second hand. I bought it from Tozz. He was afraid it could become spread thru the CW community, spread via mail or other means.

I hope he understands that I'm sincere, and would not do such a thing. It would undermine the CW developpers base and community. The same said, people could PM you saying the sold the device to you, but keeping it on their drives. This is something very sensitive, as we're dealing with a rather small user base. If his devices become warezed, he might give up. I'm sure we would not want that to happen.

So, before you buy or sell any devices that are not registered, read the agreements. It might prevent problems later.

But who am I to say such a thing...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: at0mic on 2002-05-10 08:14 ]</font>
orbita

Post by orbita »

What sort of problems?

Do you mean be careful if buying second hand? or be wary of buying new?
To be or not to be. What was the question?
at0m

Post by at0m »

Buying new is never a problem :wink:
orbita

Post by orbita »

ah now I see.

Excuse that previous post, i checked the thread and for some reason my previous post wasnt there so i reposted, then it reappeared. damn gremlins!

One thing still concerns me slightly ..
are these devices (zarg synths etc) tied to the boards. God forbid my board were to ever break and i needed to replace it, would I be able to use these synths on the new one or would I need to buy them again?

The same goes for purchasing them of someone else? If you buy a synth of someone do they transfer the key? do you get some number or document that shows you are now the rightful owner?

I assume from what youve said that this differs from developer to developer

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: orbita on 2002-05-10 08:35 ]</font>
algorhythm

Post by algorhythm »

registered to board is no problem, cuz you can transfer the key to a new board (not being able to do this used to be a SERIOUS problem, but CW fixed it for us).
The problem, is as atomic says, the one's that aren't ie, John's stuff at planetz. definitely talk to the developer before you buy second hand.
no worries on first hand though -

wanna buy the infinilooper by de-vice? (check the devices area for a demo)