Trying to decide between the Luna II and Pulsar XTC

Have Scope hardware to sell or trade? NO DEALER POSTING ALLOWED.

Moderators: valis, garyb

shankl

Post by shankl »

Anyone here start out with a Luna, and if so when did you start running into roadblocks as far as DSP is concerned. I think I will probably use maybe 1 or 2 synths to generate sounds for laying down tracks, Im not totally concerned with running like 5 synths and effects live, more so wanting to use them individually creating the sounds I want then laying down tracks in Cubase. What kind of advice can you give me as far as the huge price difference between Pulsar and Luna. For instance if I pay the money for the XTC, I won't be able to afford some of the basic Native Instruments VST plugs that I am reeely interested in. What kind of advice can you give me regarding the price difference and just beginning to build my DAW. I have so many ideas and all the synth modules for Pulsar make me drool, but I am looking at this realistically based on $$$ and just startin with my DAW.

Any help greatly appreciated,

Shankl
Tony B

Post by Tony B »

I looked at the money too. Bought a Luna, ran out of DSP. Had to buy another one. I mostly use other native synths. Buy the pulsar if you want the synths etc. If not Luna is good enough.
FreiFlug

Post by FreiFlug »

Hi shankl,
do you know that XTC has no I/O´s?! What about a secondhand Pulsar1? 4DSP´s, all I/O´s you need and costs about 350-400€.

Greetz FreiFlug
at0m

Post by at0m »

Good idea Freiflug, second hand DSP card are relatively cheap and will sure add some extra DSP for the same money.

Have a look on ebay, or keep an eye on this list here. If you're not in a hurry, your investment will get you better gear. Good searchers will be rewarded :wink:
shankl

Post by shankl »

I recently bought Tascam 428, so I was mainly thinking of the DSP aspects of the pulsar, I figure that I can use the I/O from Tascam. But, the Luna has some DSP and is much cheaper than XTC...so now I am confused, and I don't wanna break the bank. Maybe I should take it slow and try to find XTC system used.