Got Luna already... will XTC integrate for more CPU power?

Have Scope hardware to sell or trade? NO DEALER POSTING ALLOWED.

Moderators: valis, garyb

ahrensj

Post by ahrensj »

I have the Luna card already and would like to upgrade to "Pulsar". However, I'm happy with the I/O -- I just want more effects and synths (plus additional SHARC DSPs).

If I add an XTC card, will Creamware treat the DSPs as one resource (integrated), or two separate resources? Or, do I need to replace the Luna with Pulsar II? Is there another option I'm not considering???

I would love to have Luna + XTC SHARCs all available to run synths & effects (still cheaper than 15-DSP Scope)...

Thanks for the help,

Jeff in NYC
w_ellis

Post by w_ellis »

I bought a Pulsar II SRB to add to my Luna hardware. I'm still using Luna software, as there was no software attached to the SRB card. I think that if you buy an XTC, you'll be able to use the DSPs under XTC or Luna software and when v3.1 comes out you should be able to use the full Pulsar software (I think!)

It's well worth it. Check auction sites etc. for cheap secondhand cards.

Cheers,
Will
at0m

Post by at0m »

All CW card can work 'as one', you have to connect them with an STDM cable which distributes data from the master card (normally the one with best ULLI) to the other cards. You can connect maximum 3 cards.

I have 2 Pulsar1 and a Pulsar2. As Pulsar1 has only one STDM connector, (Pulsar2 has 2) STDM is the bottleneck for now on my system. You don't have to be afraid, it will work like a charm, you won't have 14dsp to interconnect over 1 STDM cable.