How much better is the mod2 over the mod1?

Have Scope hardware to sell or trade? NO DEALER POSTING ALLOWED.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

As I only resently managed to get my Pulsar1 working, I have not yet experimented with the mod1. I am not much of a keyboard player, and I use Pulsar1 mostly for hard disc recording.

What are the main reasons to buy mod2 (having allready mod1)?
Can I feed the mod2 with a sound signal (using it as a strange kind of effect bay)?

Ï have the sts4000, and from what I can see, the mixer from mixerpack2 can do all, that the mixer from mixerpack1 can. And mixerpack2 will be free part of the scope fusion platform. Also, I am not shure, I need the extra effects from effects pack2. So it boils down to this:

Do you think the mod2 is worth the propack - and WHY ( = the most interesting part). I have got three hours to decide wether or not to buy the pro-pack.

Immanuel
Information for new readers: A forum member named Braincell is known for spreading lies and malicious information without even knowing the basics of, what he is talking about. If noone responds to him, it is because he is ignored.
algorhythm

Post by algorhythm »

lots
dxl

Post by dxl »

not really.
not joking.
only if you are geek of sound design and with a good fast video card, also with more than 4 DSP
I'm still seeing new things in life.
<p><a href="http://mp3.com/dxl">www.mp3.com/dxl</a></p>
algorhythm

Post by algorhythm »

there you have it folks! modular's are for "sound design geeks"! - do you not know that pulsar is for sound designers? of course, a DJ would not know much about sound design, and would be tricked by 'deceptive' marketing to buy a creamware products, only to bitch about how it doesn't work right when he probably has a motherboard with a VIA chipset, and then on to planetz to pass on mis and disinformation.

but seriously, mod2 gives you sequencers, insert effects, drum synths, and bucket loads of other great stuff. also, it is cleaner (smaller) in its GUI.

don't listen to DJL, I mean DXL.
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Forget Mod1.

And ModV2 is brilliant.
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

Be nice algo :smile:
You do not need such frasing to back up your statements.
And thanks to all for answering.

Immanuel
Information for new readers: A forum member named Braincell is known for spreading lies and malicious information without even knowing the basics of, what he is talking about. If noone responds to him, it is because he is ignored.
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

You are right DXL.
With a project only containing

midi source
chanel
analog out

Some of the patches are to large for my Pulsar1 (DSP capacity limit).

Immanuel
wayne

Post by wayne »

I have a lot of fun attempting to design Mod 2 effects units to plug the axes into, I must say
algorhythm

Post by algorhythm »

On 2002-04-01 00:48, Immanuel wrote:
Be nice algo :smile:
You do not need such frasing to back up your statements.
We've tried the nice approach. :grin:
dxl

Post by dxl »

Ha, i have a i850 for my mother board also not just djing!
quite a few poeple bought creamware's for it's flaxability, not it's sound design ability. and remember reaktor can get better sound but much more expensive, oasys have better sounding filters, but not expendible.
Thank you very much.
the DSP thing is so true for everyone with pulsarI, pulsar2 barly enough, it just not sufficient. The mod2, i will getting more into it if the interface aint that slow for me. And again, i'm not being rude. i'm just giving advices, yet also telling the truth.
when creamware gets its product more stable and more reasonable price i will go expend my creamware system for sure!!

not trying to fight alg
but i assume u think all creamware's products are good for everyone.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dxl on 2002-04-01 20:14 ]</font>
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Where I am (Australia) Reaktor is less than half the price of a Pulsar card. While I think that Reaktor is way, way better than the ModV2 in the range and flexability of its component modules, it's sound (IMHO) is weak.

I was really quite desperate to buy it because of its specifications, but I kept looking for its strong sounds - and failed. I'm a bit disappointed really. If we could have the sound quality of ModV2 with the range of modules of Reaktor, then that would be ideal....

But Pulsar is much bigger than just its nodular system.