Pre Amps, what one(s)? any suggestions.

Have Scope hardware to sell or trade? NO DEALER POSTING ALLOWED.

Moderators: valis, garyb

WayneSim

Post by WayneSim »

Ok I'm trying to research about preamps and how much they cost so I can work out my buget for a future purchase.

The more preamps I can get in the one unit the better. But I heard it's better to buy good quailty ones than many crap ones. I aggree. So i'm looking at a GOOD buget preamp that I can plug around 4 mics into. To run along side a Pulsar 2 and a A16 Ultra.

I've also heard that you should spend around the same price on a preamp as your mic. But what if I was to buy a Neuman TL105. And then have a few other cheaper mics. What would you suggest in the way of preamps for simultanasly recording of a few mics. The other problem I face if I bought the Neuman TL105 my buget would be limited. Could or should I buy a Preamp that has 4 imputs for around the same cost as the Neuman TL105?.... Becasue as the "theory" states I should spend around the same on preamps as mics so therefore my 4 preamps should cost about 4 times the Neuman mic...?

Or should I buy one Pre amp for one GOOD mic and then have a few cheaper preamps for the other cheaper mics I would use.

Me am now a little confused. The money I wish I had... So should I buy several preamps varying in quailty or can I get one that has around 4 GOOD preamps in it, on a buget?
Thanks
(I know i'm in the right place).

Please include links if you can.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WayneSim on 2002-03-17 01:46 ]</font>
kimgr

Post by kimgr »

If you're on a budget go for the FocusRite OctoPre: http://www.focusrite.com/products/plati ... index.html
And maybe buy a Røde NT-1000 and NTK instead of the Neuman ?

Kim.
garyb

Post by garyb »

those rode nuemann copies are the same mic as the marshall,no matter what rode may claim.
algorhythm

Post by algorhythm »

we just went through this one . . .
please SEARCH before you POST

http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... forum=5&26