Good reasons not to buy Creamwares! read ! killer !

Have Scope hardware to sell or trade? NO DEALER POSTING ALLOWED.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Robert

Post by Robert »

You people are overlooking an obvious fact. When you see a rant, go and check the 'ranters' music, or rather don't bother because I already have.
It's a lot of computerised, quantised disco music which no effects in the world would enhance. Not even the London Symhony Orchestra recorded in studio 1 of Abbey Road would add to the aesthetic of the music.
The obvious question is, why complain about Pulsar?

Robert
garyb

Post by garyb »

yes well,cw cards sound good enuff to win an oscar last year(gladiator).also they will integrate you uad/powercore system.the cw card is unique in the industry.there is nothing else to compare.cw cards are desirable for the functionality.the sound quality is NOT an issue.how fast are the op amps in a hardware mixer? how fast are the sharc chips in the sony oxford?(da NEW shit!)
please!such weak thinking.(i want the biggest one)
NO HATERS.
dxl

Post by dxl »

no one here said the I/o and converter quality is bad
garyb

Post by garyb »

weak hating is still just hating.
dxl

Post by dxl »

On 2002-03-02 00:48, garyb wrote:
dxl

Post by dxl »

On 2002-03-02 00:48, garyb wrote:
what are u taking about??????
garyb

Post by garyb »

haters
dxl

Post by dxl »

why dont u say "takers"
Xantia

Post by Xantia »

Funny really ain't it, the bulk of people in this thread use CW gear like any other bit of gear i.e. no problem's.

DXL I'm sure you remember me from the intermusic.com forum eh? Seem's you really are out just to shit stir for fun.
Why not do something constuctive?
I'd bet propellorheadz would be interested in your tunes as demo's for Rebirth.
dxl

Post by dxl »

not for fun........
anyway......... lets wait and see of their action

sorry i don't quite remember you
ohmelas

Post by ohmelas »

DXL,

There you go again....talking about not having enough money. The funny thing about business is that people who are capitolists can take a product or service and turn it around into something else that's profitable. What makes that relevant to you DXL is that Creamware's idea, the DSP I/O card that you bought, was enough to motivate you to buy their product.

Furthermore, successful people in life are excellent in taking ideas and delivering them to other people. In this thread we've marveled at a great classical composer who did more with less.

You've talked about not having enough money to buy what ever you want but you feel that we should invest in some other product. Okay, that's your choice DMX but let's look at this in perspective. If you were an extremely successful DJ, more than you are today, I'm quite convinced that you would buy more than what you have in your rig--right?

The funny thing is, buying more is not what most of the poeple on this thread are trying to get you to realize. In fact you're so argumentative about what TC and the Universal products do, that you've failed to note the merits of the Creamware product in postulating your argument. That leaves your statement very unpersuasive.

DXL, instead of posting here, make some more money so that you can get what you want to be happy---because obviously you're not with the Creamware stuff. That may mean being better at what you do with your time. Secondly, structure your thoughts so that you can sound a little more persuasive. "Creamware sucks" is very emotional and elicits a very cognitive response from the people who enjoy their Creamware products...but more importantly than that-----

Creamware has put in your hands the ability to buy a development platform from them if you don't like what you hear from their stock product line you: the user who makes the ultimate decision, the buyer who spends his hard earned dollars on a product, and you the artist---have the ability to make your own world class reverbs.

Paul Tanti does and makes a darn good one for starters. He's just smart enough to instead of complain about it, turn that around and 'fix a piece of the world'.

DSP Devices does this and makes a darn good product as well. They have a neat product line.

You could buy into their products a heck of a lot cheaper than your UAD and TC cards and not have to buy a different peiece of hardware.

That's technically dependant upon the machine but the Lexicon 200 series has more hits on it than any other reverb machine in the world and it was running on pretty old chips dude--so again if you don't like, make your own.

It's all up to you. Every last part.

I find it funny that you want to complain about your unhappiness and find that easier, for some sick reason, than to change your circumstance and make yourself happy. That just sounds miserable to me.
Howard Salter Dot Com
Musician, Marine Corpsman, and Father
Milwaukee, WI USA
thorkell

Post by thorkell »

.... would be nice to mention that the sharc dsp chips are videly used, and the newest example is maby the Behringer DDX Digital mixer - 1200 GBP, but that one has only four sharc's!!!!!!
dxl

Post by dxl »

i think we should just delet this thread
at0m

Post by at0m »

If you edit and remove the text from your posts here, the topic will be Creamware's publicity for the next years :lol:
dxl

Post by dxl »

ha
I'm still seeing new things in life.
<p><a href="http://mp3.com/dxl">www.mp3.com/dxl</a></p>
valis

Post by valis »

On 2002-03-15 08:23, dxl wrote:
ha
I'm just curious how he got 'Totally obsessed pulsar geek' status.

Ok so now i'm trolling too :razz:
Tony B

Post by Tony B »

Where is the Pied Piper? DXL?
Canzerboy

Post by Canzerboy »

Do not disrespect the art of Turntableism.

You have probably never listened to The Invisible Skratgh Picklz or A-Track, Dj Noize, Dj Vadim or Dj Krush.

PS: A crab is one thing crabbing is another
sharc

Post by sharc »

with regards to the value for money argument.

I spent 700 quid on a DSP factory with the i/o trimmings a couple of years back. At the time it was a really good card....in a 'does what it says on the tin' kind of way it still is, but the support for that card ever since has been non existent. Yamaha produced the basis of a good system with the modular PLG approach, but in the end it was totally underdeveloped. Did I get value for money - depends what way you look at it. The Powersampler card I bought the following year for my second PC was a different story altogether. Here I got a card for half the price which did everything the DSP factory couldn't do and most of the stuff it could as well. And that was just for starters. Within a couple of months Creamware were kind enough to give me a FREE upgrade to Luna II system which gave me countless FREE plugz alongside. I cannot think of any other soundcard manufacturer who would even contemplate being so generous. It still baffles me that I got a Juno 106 and a Minimoog for FREE. Not to mention all the other inovative plugz which put most VSTi's to shame (save a few). How's that for value.

As far as I'm concerned, my CW card was the best thing I ever bought and even though it's 'old technology' I'm still going to buy another un.
dxl

Post by dxl »

oh give you upgrade for free only?
oh u mush have some special relationship then?
I'm still seeing new things in life.
<p><a href="http://mp3.com/dxl">www.mp3.com/dxl</a></p>