Good reasons not to buy Creamwares! read ! killer !

Have Scope hardware to sell or trade? NO DEALER POSTING ALLOWED.

Moderators: valis, garyb

GP

Post by GP »

Even if Pulsar did nothing else besides I/O and routing, it would still be one of the only cards which allows you do freely route all your audio drivers. But then it adds DSPs, which work in real time (unlike any of the cards you mention), so you can actually mix any audio, effect it, and output it with zero latency. There really isn't anything this side of $4000 which does that (besides maybe dedicated, outboard kit).
Ever heard of the Korg OASYS?
blah blah blah
samplaire

Post by samplaire »

Oasys's dryed out (i.e. discontinued) :wink:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: samplaire on 2002-01-28 06:19 ]</font>
paulrmartin

Post by paulrmartin »

Hey, Dxl!
Is making music only about effects?
I know it is a big part but like Ken mentioned, if the tune is well composed it should stand up in any environment. :smile:
Are we listening?..
dxl

Post by dxl »

On 2002-01-28 06:43, paulrmartin wrote:
Hey, Dxl!
Is making music only about effects?
I know it is a big part but like Ken mentioned, if the tune is well composed it should stand up in any environment. :smile:
i'm not talking about the music
i'm talking about the quality effects
we pay money for quality effects, not giving mercy to creamwares for not making good effects, and not try to persuade urself that pulsar is still a good card

face the truth
if everyone make music like what u think then today's music technologo won't get this far

think man
I'm still seeing new things in life.
<p><a href="http://mp3.com/dxl">www.mp3.com/dxl</a></p>
paulrmartin

Post by paulrmartin »

Uh... my silly little brain is asking " How in the world did everybody make music before they had software reverbs?

My silly little brain is wondering "How could these people use those ugly tape echo machines?"

My silly little brain is telling you "So you paid for the crappy card and you're not happy? Get rid of the damn thing !"

Yes I thought before writing what I did! :grin:
Are we listening?..
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

Guys, please - don't take the troll bait from DXL.

He's just a 17 year old kid DJ running Reason and some Numark DJ mixer along with a groovebox - let him think what he wants. If anyone wants to get into an actual conversation with the merits of certain Creamware effects vs. hardware, I'd be glad to answer, but I'm not about to get into a pissing match with some 17 year old DJ... :smile:

Relax and "just say no." :smile:
dxl

Post by dxl »

On 2002-01-28 12:06, subhuman wrote:
Guys, please - don't take the troll bait from DXL.

He's just a 17 year old kid DJ running Reason and some Numark DJ mixer along with a groovebox - let him think what he wants. If anyone wants to get into an actual conversation with the merits of certain Creamware effects vs. hardware, I'd be glad to answer, but I'm not about to get into a pissing match with some 17 year old DJ... :smile:

Relax and "just say no." :smile:
you are judging people with age, you such.......a, how old are u 40?
actually i'm 18 now
i do multi track record for a band in school for remixing, i even barrow a DAT machine for that, i use Cubase with REASON, not just Reason, i use lots different software synths, i know the midi message concept, i know the audio rutin system, i know how each differnt'kind of effects for, i know mastering and finalzing each track is important, i know the EQ setting for different style of music, i know how to arrange a song, i know how to record a band, and for effects, Waves's plugins and SpinAudio's are the most useful plugins for me, i tried lots differnt machinese in music stores, and you know what, they carry UAD-1 and powercord, but not creamware

and there is another one that is really professional, and he is 19 only, also a far better DJ
http://www.shilotrance.com
he lives in the same city as me

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dxl on 2002-01-28 12:26 ]</font>
dxl

Post by dxl »

On 2002-01-28 05:43, GP wrote:
Even if Pulsar did nothing else besides I/O and routing, it would still be one of the only cards which allows you do freely route all your audio drivers. But then it adds DSPs, which work in real time (unlike any of the cards you mention), so you can actually mix any audio, effect it, and output it with zero latency. There really isn't anything this side of $4000 which does that (besides maybe dedicated, outboard kit).
Ever heard of the Korg OASYS?
it's 5 times worse than creamware's
Michu

Post by Michu »

dxl,

in case you didn't noticed it isn't matter of your skills or knowledge just your attitude.
but this thread is already too long
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

:smile: tra la la laaa :smile:
oh sorry, was just passin' by. :lol:
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

actually i'm 18 now
i do multi track record for a band in school for remixing, i even barrow a DAT machine for that, i use Cubase with REASON, not just Reason, i use lots different software synths, i know the midi message concept, i know the audio rutin system, i know how each differnt'kind of effects for, i know mastering and finalzing each track is important, i know the EQ setting for different style of music, i know how to arrange a song, i know how to record a band,
Wow, wow, you seem to be takin this pretty hard. You still have the creamware card right? Well, if you need any help with it, we'd still be glad to help. You're just unhappy about the cost/performance right?
jammie

Post by jammie »

dxl
if the shark dsp is so slow then why have sony used them in there new digital mixer
which uses plugins from tcelectronics so are you going to tell us that the mixer which sales for 8000 pounds and is sold to production houses is is crap also i think you live on cloud cocko land there are no other software pluggins synths like the third party synths like the ambient 2.0 or the modular 2 on host systems espacialy with the low latency you get from creameware plus tcelectronics make effects machines and that has been there goal in the industy but lexicon make the best reverb algorythms and if your new cards are so good then go and write some software plugins your self oops they dont provide a platform for that get a life those who criticise do nothing ?
algorhythm

Post by algorhythm »

man - dxl's got a deep hook and line stuck in ya'all trollin' you along.

leave this kid alone to vent some steam for awhile; he seems a bit hot around the collar.
JoeKa

Post by JoeKa »

@jammie:
Do you know this: "."
or that: ","
or maybe even these: "?" "!"

You should have seen them all somewhere before, I guess...
:wink:
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

AAHHH, my eyes!
And algo, yer right, we should stop trollin' just for the heck of it. Let's change that to--- BREAKIN'!!
b-b-boooys, and b-b-girlzzzz all around the worllldd!
:smile: up rock! :smile: top rock! :smile: thomas flair! :smile: 90! :smile: windmill! :smile: air flair! :smile: Ouch, my back!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kensuguro on 2002-01-30 00:48 ]</font>
maket

Post by maket »

dxl-sanx for stormy night.I'm unhappy about the cost/performance .But i have no choice-that true!And Elders,please don't make this politics as ignore people wich you are not agree,becouse it seems you all work at Creamware.He's (dxl) making good job-wake you up!
I don't like TC reverbs also,but things may change-that life and it seems to me we all love our Pulsars and we want to know -this is the best!!!
And i even want to say: "GURU-you all helped me with Pulsar world so-SANX!!!
But i'm not good boy
junklight

Post by junklight »

I just don't get this whinge whinge whinge - or I'm unhappy about cost/performance.

Did someone force you to buy this at gun point? or where you tricked into buying it?

If its not the right tool for you then fine - I really don't care. I'll even agree with you "its not the right tool for you". There happy.

However it IS the right tool for me. For the money I paid I've got an excellent digital mixer than connects to my hd recorder. A stack of digital effects that ain't bad. A wicked modular, an excellent sampler and on top of all that a bunch of top notch synths to boot.

I used the pulsar to replace an akai sampler I hated (s2000 - not designed for programming with that two line display), a 32 channel analog desk and a couple of old crappy analog boxes - which I paid considerably more for and did considerably less.

So is it the right tool for me - you bet! The reason I take exception to the comments here from the likes of dxl and sandrob is that you are somehow implying that I am stupid for liking my kit - why? it works well it does what I want (allows me to focus on making music and not thinking about kit) and it does it well enough that I can make clean high quality recordings. It might not be as good as a profestional recording studio's kit but I am not that good an engineer either..

mark
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

reasons not to respond to TROLLS

their threads will slip to the bottom of the pile mostly unread.

they will not be encouraged to come back.

Imagine if you just bought a new Toyota, would you
(a): have fun driving your new car
(b): head on over to the Honda forum and post "10 reasons not to buy a honda"

if you answered (b) you would be a looser and a troll.

(choice innapropriate language removed)

DJ? wtf does a DJ need a pulsar for? just go up on stage and press play and take credit for other hard working MUSICIANS work.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: defex on 2002-01-30 07:53 ]</font>
Valium

Post by Valium »

Hy there

I totaly agree with the previous post(junklight that is). When I bought my LunaII (not even a pulsar) I knew bout the so called bad quality fx and the sometimes buggy OS but hey, I did a search and even tried it at the store and at a friends place so I knew what it was like and I still bought the damn thing. It was the right choice for me, and prorpably for a whole lot ... Seems to me some people think that a perfect system exists AND it's almost for free ... NOT!!!! just remember : you pay a lot and you get a lot, but if it's right for you that's something you need to think about before buying and complaining afterwards. I have experience on working on ProTools too, but I must say, damn it's expensive. And as far as my luna goes ... great deal, got a lot done for a lot less ...

There, that's that and now go doing what you al wanted to do in the first place : MAKE MUSIC

Greetz to al of ya ...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Valium on 2002-01-30 07:50 ]</font>
madmod

Post by madmod »

Yes the effects are Good in both the UA card and the Powercore....
They are newer cards...but they both suffer from latency issues... And only time will tell how long you get software updates for..

Anyway Where's there I/O...how much does I/O cost..
Wheres the synths...how much does a team of developer cost?
Yes... processors go down in price quick dont they.....wanna buy a P100 for $700..:smile:

How this for a track record
When pulsar1 was released the other DSP cards were.....
Lexicon Studio..... RIP
Yamaha DSP Factory..... RIP

And ADAT cards well
Korg 1212...... RIP

And what about DSP synthcards
Korg Oasis..RIP
and Standard I/O cards
Event Layla.....RIP ...No further support
Blah Blah Blah ....

My Pulsar1 is till Alive and kicking...:smile:

One day i will count all the Free Updates i have got for my Pulsar 1......
Then I will count all the free Devices from Creamware
Then I will count all the free plug ins...
But before that I will make another $100 an hour on my poor old pulsar1 which now locks to a Scope (which my pulsar1 paid for) and monitor a vocalist with "NO LATENCY" off the card..and wedge the vocal booth door shut with an old Event Gina....
Then I will take a picture of the face of a 3year old pulsar1 owner when i play the first notes of a prisma..:smile: (for which he paid 0$)

A pulsar card offers better value than any other Audio card on the market..
Regards
Madmod

P.s yes i sell pulsar cards and i also sell UAs and Powercores wanna buy one? i will sell you it cheap......

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: madmod on 2002-02-19 02:52 ]</font>