Pulsar Instruments/Effects Sound Quality?

Have Scope hardware to sell or trade? NO DEALER POSTING ALLOWED.

Moderators: valis, garyb

paulrmartin

Post by paulrmartin »

Kim,
You're right, I don't have that much experience in digital sound. I come from a school of thought that says 95% of your audience is tone-deaf so I try to make the best with what I have and try not to compare too much with other hardware-software because I go a little nuts in the spending department. :grin:

Far from me the idea of imposing my ideologies though. :smile:

Oh! And if the audience likes what I did, all the better!

Cheers!
Are we listening?..
witchstar

Post by witchstar »

LOL!
Paul, you must've been a live musician, then!
I know exactly where you're coming from, man...
It always amazed me how shit I though we played and how wonderful the audience always thought we were.

The difference is that live you just do it once and whatever comes out is what everyone has to live with, but when we're composing in our studios, we have to listen to the shit over and over, with the opportunity to change what we've done a minute ago...

Mark

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: witchstar on 2002-01-18 06:33 ]</font>
paulrmartin

Post by paulrmartin »

You got it right on the money, Witchstar! :lol:

But I still think the audience is tone-deaf even listening to records...:grin:
Are we listening?..
dxl

Post by dxl »

go get UAD-1
better for valus
buecaues better quality and more DSP power for the same price

creamwares
don't u dare to delet this message?
I'm still seeing new things in life.
<p><a href="http://mp3.com/dxl">www.mp3.com/dxl</a></p>
witchstar

Post by witchstar »

dxl,
if you don't use or like Creamware products, what the hell are you doing wasting your time on this forum???
if you're using UAD-1, and spending all your time posting here, UAD-1 can't be all that good...
dxl

Post by dxl »

see the price tage and the quality and the speed of TC Powercore
ti's now on PC also

i just feel i really waste my mony of this unstable... and powerless porduct....
because the faulse ads. and some sells on the internet...........
I'm still seeing new things in life.
<p><a href="http://mp3.com/dxl">www.mp3.com/dxl</a></p>
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

OK ok... so you want or already have your powercore, uad-1 or whatever.. we know you're really happy about your new gear. great for you. You've found something that cuts the cake for you.
Anyway, I just don't find it efficient to be trying to sell the powercore concept to pulsar users since most of us don't really feel a need for it. I mean, you know a lot of us here are gear freaks also, and if we were interested, many of us would have worked our butts off to get the powercore already. So maybe we're settled with Pulsar because of the type of music we make, personal preferences.. the way our system is set up.. whatever. Let's just get on with the show yeah?
Besides, this thread is about the sound quality of the Pulsar... nothing about powercore in the first place.
If you don't like Pulsar, bash creamware instead. There's no meaning in posting sour replies in the user's forum.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kensuguro on 2002-01-23 18:02 ]</font>
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

On 2002-01-16 15:12, dxl wrote:
the DSP......... 60MHz......... there are new DSP over 300MHz or even faster

well.. when it first time comes out....... it's really amazing because i can really do more things than just the CPU at that time.....
but now.........see............... P4 2.2A
AMD's XP1900...............

think guys THINK...............
they should lower the price somehow
same PCI bus, same microsoft/apple. those things also need to change before native is worthwhile by its self.

otherwise you need to think about
the sequencer and OS as well as the native devices,how much extra cpu is needed to "service" the devices, and how many of them can play nice together. (midi/asio etc)

also is the latency allways the same or does it change a bit when windows decides to do one of its background tasks

as for "lower the prices because dsp are only $10"

why dont you buy the chips and make your own pulsar and develop software for it. ill buy one off you for $99.95