WTB: Pulsar 2 gen 2

Have Scope hardware to sell or trade? NO DEALER POSTING ALLOWED.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Strattosphere

WTB: Pulsar 2 gen 2

Post by Strattosphere »

Hi all

I need a gen2 6 dsp scope card to replace one of mine that keeps losing its connection to the others. I don't mind which plate it has or even if it has a cable whip. I've built my own IO breakout.

I'm in Northampton, UK.

Thanks

Alan
yayajohn

Re: WTB: Pulsar 2 gen 2

Post by yayajohn »

very cool! keeps things neat and tidy. With 3 cards it can get very messy behind the comp besides having to crawl back there with a headlamp and a magnifying glass anytime you want to swap something out. Too bad Creamware didn't come out with something like that. i think a lot of us would have bought it.
Strattosphere

Post by Strattosphere »

It really was a mess before. I've now got the audio IOs terminated into the back of a Behringer Ultrapatch Pro. I've also put an 8" strip light into the back of the rack in case I need to do any open heart surgery!

My rack

Device map

Patch map

tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

Wow! You're really organized! I had a mess when I had some outboard equipment, but it's mostly Scope for me.

-Tom
Obelix

Post by Obelix »

Well, I can't tell now for sure, but maybe I'll sell a Pulsar II SRB very soon : I'm waiting for a PulsarII as I need more i/o's

You said you did your own breakout box.
Are there ways to transform a Pulsar II or PowerPulsar the DIY way to put 3 ADAT I/Os (or maybe 2 z-links) on each instead having the 2 XLR or cinch i/o's?
As now, I can only achieve running 24 tracks @96kHz but I've got an A16 AND an Apogee AD16 so 32 96kHz ins and as I don't find some 3ADAT extension...
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

I have an ADAT plate... what do you have?

-Tom
Obelix

Post by Obelix »

I really can't tell now what I'll decide to do
between have a single PC with 32*96kHz ins (and 16 outs) then selling non used boards
or building a 2nd one with 'only' 16 i/o's that could drive a B-studio/reharsing room and if ever 48 ins are needed, it would help a lot the main PC.
In fact, it all depends on the choices for the future I'll make in the a-coming weeks :
1st option :
Mum and I own a house together and so I'd make the roof some kind of pro super home studio.
Audio jobs are very low in the area.

2nd option : I could move in a developping country where land and buildings are very very cheap, there isn't even a single studio that could considered as pro in the country, it's summer all year long and there are LOTs of jobs to take, but do not excpect make big money as the medium yearly salaries are less than 600$, but it'd be much cheaper for me to build a pure kickass studio and I'd be n°1 in the country and for the bordering ones too... But consider criminality is much higher too : murder rate is 9.1/100k ppl so 2 times the USA's and +9 times whet we got here but hell, I knew a time when guillotine was still working and murder rates were much higher then when we abolished death penalty, it began to drop from year to year and now they ain't a dictature anymore, considering natural ressources, everything is here to make the economy skyrocket so it's time to invest b4 it grows...

That's why I can't tell if I got boards to take or not... will see in the a-coming weeks.