Looking for a reasonably priced Scope Pro 14 DSP second gen.

Have Scope hardware to sell or trade? NO DEALER POSTING ALLOWED.

Moderators: valis, garyb

erminardi

Looking for a reasonably priced Scope Pro 14 DSP second gen.

Post by erminardi »

As per subject.
OS 5.1
If from Europe / UK better :)

4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
Eanna

Re: Looking for a reasonably priced Scope Pro 14 DSP second

Post by Eanna »

Keep an eye on mercatinomusicale.com - it's where I got my Scope cards...
15 DSP with Sync Plate there for 500 euro in Verona.. Been there ages...
Not because it is easy, but because it is hard...
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

thanks for the tip. I have only to check if this is 2° generation.
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
Eanna

Post by Eanna »

I've a 15-dsp gen1 and a 6-dsp gen2, and along Gary's lines, I get low-latency ASIO because the Gen2 board is in.

Offhand, I don't know if the 6-dsp is board0 in cset.ini, and I'm not sure that makes a difference to latencies..

Buona Fortuna!
petal

Post by petal »

If my memory serves me correctly:
You gain the low latency of the 2. gen card only if it is the main/host/board0 board in your cset.ini (You can change this by simple text-editing the ini-file). If it is, any card (3,6,14 DSP's) will do the trick, as long as it has I/O's.
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

petal wrote:If my memory serves me correctly:
You gain the low latency of the 2. gen card only if it is the main/host/board0 board in your cset.ini (You can change this by simple text-editing the ini-file). If it is, any card (3,6,14 DSP's) will do the trick, as long as it has I/O's.
Yes, thanks for your tip, but I think that "Latency in ms" and "PCI overflow" are two different problems, anyway now I have the chance to try both my system with Scope 6DSP second gen. alone, and + the 15 DSP first gen.
But Garyb was not so optimistic on this: "if you get good PCI bandwidth without that card, but really bad performance with it, the result should always be the same whatever cards it's paired with."

Anyway I will try it and let you know here ASAP.
Eanna

Post by Eanna »

Thanks. Was always interested in that - and I didn't fare well with the Masterverb Thread Test with both 15-gen1 and 6-gen2 in on my decent stock Dell desktop - never tried it with just the gen2.
I've rarely/never come across PCI Overflow tho, the way I use scope - I mustn't use devices that demand lots of trips to RAM for data..

A decent-sized cache (of maybe two levels - L2 and L3 maybe) on these PCI cards with a dedicated controller would have gone a long way to decoupling it from the system hardware... ah well... Let's hope Xite's on-board memory is exploited well - altho it seems that the specifics of consistent, replicable, optimised DSP Placement seems to be the main thing going on with Xiters...
garyb

Post by garyb »

a cache and it REALLY would be a timing problem. the Scope card is a real-time device and the computer isn't. that's why a slot can have the proper PCI-spec throughput and still give PCI overflows. late does not work.

gen 1 cards are fine, but they don't handle the PCI traffic as well as the newer cards do.

sorry for the hijack....
bLiNd

Post by bLiNd »

Ive got one, with the proTone, and the zarg collection pre-2013. It was the last card produced before creamware became sonic-core, in original box. I am REALLY on the fence about selling it as I would want to put it towards an XITE-D or something (does creamware transfer 3rd party plugs to xite?)

Anyway how much do they sell for on here normally? is 500 eur all id get for it?