WTB PHATBOY, REGELWORK, OR PEAVEY

Have Scope hardware to sell or trade? NO DEALER POSTING ALLOWED.

Moderators: valis, garyb

ohmelas

Post by ohmelas »

HELLO ALL,

I'VE DECIDED I REALLY WANT TO MAKE MY SYSTEM SCREAM WITH USER FRIENDLYNESS.

I NEED A MIDI CONTROLLER FOR PULSAR SYNTHDEVICES. I'M USING AN O1V FOR THE BIG MIXER BUT WANT SOMETHING WITH KNOBS FOR THE SYNTHS THAT I CAN MERGE INTO THE PULSAR MIDI INS....

ANYBODY OUT THERE ALL READY HAVE PRE-PROGRAMMED CONTROLLER SETTINGS FOR THESE AS WELL?

PLEASE ADVISE AS I'M READY TO STRETCH MY ERGONOMICS A BIT.....

EMAIL ME IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING YOU'D LIKE TO SELL.

email: hsalter@wi.rr.com

HOWARD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ohmelas on 2001-11-02 05:46 ]</font>
bosone

Post by bosone »

take a look at http://www.ucapps.de and build your own midi controller for about 100$.
i built mine, and it's fantastic! nothing to do with commercial controllers, and much more economic!
Sam Mo

Post by Sam Mo »

On 2001-11-06 00:28, bosone wrote:
i built mine, and it's fantastic! nothing to do with commercial controllers, and much more economic!
Which one did you built?
The one with 64 knobs looks great :wink:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sam Mo on 2001-11-06 07:53 ]</font>
Sam Mo

Post by Sam Mo »

Ohmelas,

you might also want to have a look on doepfer products
Some of them have been successfully tested with Pulsar :grin:
bosone

Post by bosone »

i built the 16 knob version, but i added the possibility to use an expression pedal instead of a knob...
i think the 64 knob kick ass, but for me was too complicate!!
Sam Mo

Post by Sam Mo »

Do you have pictures of your 16-knob MIDI controller?
borg

Post by borg »

hello, mister bosone,

nice box you built,foot controller included, handy indeed. i'd like to pose a few questions if i may. is it possible to use jump-free pots, like the NI 4control? did you do the PIC programming yourself? i know how to solder (a bit) but when it comes down to programming a PIC... it's without any doubt easier to just send your blank PIC to this kind man who designed the midibox.
someone's got the doepfer pocket dial? it seems the same as a 4control, only it has 16 (!!!) knobs but a lot cheaper.
still it's more expensive than building your own.

someone in for some advice?
andy
the lunatics are in the hall
bosone

Post by bosone »

hi,
well, i don't know if you can use infinite pots like NI4control, but i suppose you cannot.
i didn't programmed the PIC myself (i'm not able), insted, i bought if from a guy in germany (robert haslinger, rh-loeti@gmx.de) for about 45DM (23€, 23$). you can ask him or directly to thorsten Klose (the designer of the midibox).
borg

Post by borg »

thanks,

i think i'll get the 'ingredients' this weekend. that is, if my good ol' dad doesn't frown when i bring the plans to him for a peek. he made my first guitar amp ages ago, so giving advice on how to build this midibox myself should be easy, me thinks.
popped the infinite pot question to thorsten himself, hope i get an answer real soon.
andy
borg

Post by borg »

if anyone's interested, the infinite pots for the diy midibox is out of question for the time being.:sad:
so buying the doepfer pocket dial and making my own midibox (maybe with faders) will be the best solution, and this solution costs the same as one NI4control.
andy
at0m

Post by at0m »

Nice discussion here about selfmade midi controllers! :smile:

andy, you'd have to check the pc1600x when we meet :wink:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: atomic on 2001-11-16 20:03 ]</font>
ohmelas

Post by ohmelas »

THANKS GUYS,

I'VE LOOKED AT THE PHATBOY ADN THE DOEPFLER STUFF. I CAN GET THEM BOTH NEW LOCALLY OR AS YOU GUYS SUGGESTED, I COULD BUILD MY OWN. I'M NOT THAT ADVENTEROUS YET---A LITTLE ON THE CONSERVATIVE SIDE AND OUT OF THE BOX WORKING IS IMPORTANT TO ME.....

I'M THINKING THAT I'D LIKE TO GO WITH THE DOEPFLER STUFF, MAYBE THE PEAVEY. I'D LIKE TO BUY IT USED OFF OF EBAY AND SAVE A COUPLE OF BUCKS....

ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS?
borg

Post by borg »

i just got an email from a music store, telling me the doepfer infinite pots don't work properly. so that leaves only NI4control for this feature, as far as i know. i'm gonna try it next week, i hope.
the diy box is a project for the near future. don't know when i will finish it though. the site does cover a very well detailed step-by-step guide.
as soon as our busy schedules show a little gap, i'll have a look at atomics peavey. it looks really nice and is much cheaper than i thought.
does anyone have experience in using two different midi controllers in the same chain? i guess it's just midi passing through, but you never know.
i need a bite, quick

andy
algorhythm

Post by algorhythm »

borg wrote:
does anyone have experience in using two different midi controllers in the same chain? i guess it's just midi passing through, but you never know.
yeah, i have my keyboard controller and my MIXer controller on the same chain, no probs. (yamaha cs2x and fostex vm200 respectively)
samplaire

Post by samplaire »

On 2001-11-22 12:12, borg wrote:
[...] so that leaves only NI4control for this feature, as far as i know. i'm gonna try it next week, i hope.[...]

andy
Hi Borg,
Try to d/l the mac 4control converter first - due to not fully stabile OMS this cute little app doesn't work as desired... And it is only possible to control other than NI stuff using this app (you can d/l it using NI site link...

Also try this link to know more on installing OMS (I will add this to the Mac optimization thread): http://linux1723.dn.net/forum/Forum1/HTML/004682.html

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: samplaire on 2001-11-28 13:01 ]</font>
ohmelas

Post by ohmelas »

Hey Folks,

Jus to let you know, I'm digging the Regelwork stuff but must hold out for a used one---cheaper!

Thanks and let me know.

Howard
Howard Salter Dot Com
Musician, Marine Corpsman, and Father
Milwaukee, WI USA
marcuspocus

Post by marcuspocus »

BTW, for those how need this info, the MIDIBox plus has a 'grab mode' for pots and fader... This meens that when you move the fader it will not affect the value until the 'grab' the current value, so this is some kind of 'stepless' it won't make your fader jump to the value...

I builbing mine also, 16 faders, 8 triggers, and expression pedals... Almost finished! I can't wait to try it! I already have a Kenton Control Freak Live, with 16 knobs, so i'll have a combination of both world...

on Luna MIDI IN : my keyboard inline with controlfreak for synth tweaking

on Pulsar MIDI in : the 16 faders MIDIBox Plus for automation

hé hé!
mano

Post by mano »

On 2001-11-22 09:49, ohmelas wrote:
ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS?

yah

check out this key called CAPS LOCK, it makes nice smooth text

:grin:

Couldn't resist sorry! :grin: dont take it personally :wink:
at0m

Post by at0m »

:wink:

Btw:
On 2002-02-14 07:10, atomic wrote:
http://www.peavey.com: Pc1600x has a very wide range of control options. It's update (corrected!!) function automatically adapts fader values to match incoming CC#. This plays like a continuous controller. No more fader jumps :wink:
Also check the presets I uploaded here (and to http://www.defectiverecords.com) to remote control Pulsar environment with the Pc1600x.
Yup, couldn't resist. I have 2 of them here, cos I like to work with them. A Pc1600x is about 375€ here.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: atomic on 2002-02-20 01:27 ]</font>
ohmelas

Post by ohmelas »

I found this page with a whole bunch of Midicontrol:

http://www.synthzone.com/ctrlr.htm

And off of there I found the most amazing box:

http://www.mixedlogic.com/

The M24 looks professional, looks like a big format desk and seems tobe able to automate everything imporant as well.

Should I say goodbye to the O1v yet?

The other thing of interest to me is the Control Freak with knobs. Anyone out there using it?

I just got my Alesis BRC too...has anyone been able to intergrate it with Cubase? I'd like to activate channels as needed that way.

http://ohmelas.tripod.com/ravenwhitepro ... index.html
Two-Week-Endz, 40 Hours $995

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ohmelas on 2002-04-05 12:07 ]</font>