Creamware Shop

Have Scope hardware to sell or trade? NO DEALER POSTING ALLOWED.

Moderators: valis, garyb

at0m

Post by at0m »

Strange.

http://shop.creamware.de still has Mod2 for sale, 198Euro. The Propack's 149Euro and includes Mod2 and much more.

I hope no newbie get's Mod2 now without the Propack. Luckily 3.0+propack is included with cards bought after last august 1st.
samplaire

Post by samplaire »

if you're a Luna owner you are not be able to use the ProPack (unless you buy the whole Pulsar soft). So the devices (both STS3k and Mod2) are for such people. And the price of Electra/PowerSampler is something similar to Luna II + STS/Mod2 so they can't lower the price due to the above fact (if you could buy Luna alone and then STS/Mod2 for, say, half the price you would,t want to buy Electra/PSampler). I know, this leads to a second question: why don't they lower the Electra/PSampler price? The answer is simple question: would you do that if you owned CW?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: samplaire on 2001-11-02 05:45 ]</font>
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

They did:
We have been selling "Elektras with PowerSampler keys" (basically Luna2+STS3000+Modular2 with LunaV3) for way under $500 for the past few months.

In fact, I have a few left on sale for $429. If you don't quality for a free V3, you could get this card and have all the Luna V3 effets, 2000/XP drivers, and masterVerb 'for free' along with STS3000 and Mod2.

You would also have 6 DSPs, same as a Pulsar2, so the price of Luna/Elektra/PowerSampler is a pretty good deal, the main thing you will be missing is
1) less slots for expansion: both an extra PCI slot to get 6DSPs, and "only" one more Creamware card (3 max in one computer).
2) PulsarPro Mixer, and the Pulsar synth bundle.

With some of the free excellent synths out there to fill in the gaps though... I know a few other dealers also have this bundle...

Also Luna2's price may be increasing soon. It would make sense, since Luna2 now includes so much more than before, and V3 is $89 in the shop.