Pulsar or Digi001?

Have Scope hardware to sell or trade? NO DEALER POSTING ALLOWED.

Moderators: valis, garyb

OrgasmicOrange

Post by OrgasmicOrange »

Thanx algor really appreciate your help :smile:
Ora

Post by Ora »

...I know this may sound funny - but what do you guys think about a pulsar and a digi001?
...Do you think it would be worth it for transferring sessions to the bigger studios?

ProTools seems to be slipping a lot (check out the digidesign forums for the digi001 w/ 'their' support) however, its still the 'standard' as it were...(I hate to say that)

Good combination, Bad combination?
Pros, Cons?
Sam Mo

Post by Sam Mo »

Digi001 is not win2000 compatible (yet???)
Depends if you want to work under win98 or not...
If you want really good audio edition, then you might have a look at samplitude. Their latest version is absolutely amazing. Nuendo might be another interesting choice too!
Ora

Post by Ora »

...You know I have been thinking about kicking this 'ProTools standards' idea things to the curb...or will everything always have to be ready to export to ProTools?

Does anyone else out there have experience w/ the Digi001 and think that its worth the expense w/ compatabilities to other studios?

Nuendo, Samplitude?
disneyland

Post by disneyland »

Hi, everybody!

Just stumbled 'cross this forum via a Google search, and read this thread.

I gotta say to anyone who's in the same position (i.e. choosing between a digidesign and a CreamWare product), that it's not only about specifications and features - it's also about support!

Mark my words:
If you buy low-end digidesign hardware (that is, smaller setups than a real Pro Tools system), they will f**k you, and f**k you good! I was once tricked into buying an AudioMedia III digidesign card, and my a** is sore from being f**ked by corporate digidesign pigs! (Last driver update was for Win98SE, and it still doesn't work... This card was $999 when I bought it)

A good thing to ALWAYS do before buying hardware from ANY company is to check their website's user forum, and find out how many people complain in there. Check out the digidesign AM3 forum, and you'll run away screaming! :smile:

Sorry about my first post being so crude, hehe, I just had to throw in my two cents! :grin:

::: disneyland :::
samplaire

Post by samplaire »

On 2002-01-08 06:08, disneyland wrote:
A good thing to ALWAYS do before buying hardware from ANY company is to check their website's user forum, and find out how many people complain in there. Check out the digidesign AM3 forum, and you'll run away screaming! :smile:

Sorry about my first post being so crude, hehe, I just had to throw in my two cents! :grin:

::: disneyland :::

Hi Disneyland,
I agree with you saying that good support is an important point in choosing any good but... :

1. you can't reach the official Creamware forum without having any of their products.
2. The officail forum makes me sad (very bad vibrations...) many threads are created by frustrated people (not all but the overall view causes me say that so, please, don't feel offended all you guys who visit that forum and give constructive advises) and reading those threads make you don't want to buy CW cards. If you reached that forum first you think people have only problems with their cards. But for instance, if you reached THIS forum first you know there are people who like their cards and if they have problems they discuss their problems in a very constructive and civilised way.
3. The conclusion: reading user-forums don't give you a clear vision of the truth...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: samplaire on 2002-01-08 12:43 ]</font>
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

I know what you mean about the "bad vibes" on the CW forum, but it's hard to work out why. I also don't understand why more of them don;t come to Planet Z - it's mentioned often enough on the CW forum for people to get the hint.

Maybe the actual posting method is to blame: new posts and replies go on top, old ones sink. That means there's no possibility of a long thoughful dialogue over weeks or even months unless people reply continuously.

Makes me thank the gods for the Z
Micha

Post by Micha »

damn right. Why don't they buy a license from John and provide a fully funtional forum?
Happy pulsaring
Micha
samplaire

Post by samplaire »

On 2002-01-09 08:27, Spirit wrote:

Maybe the actual posting method [on the CW official forum] is to blame
Makes me thank the gods for the Z
Yeah, Thank you John for the forum. SpaceF has something similar the the PlanetZ one (I mean the construction, it is made for saomething slightly different). And yes, the CW forum is a pain to read (it loads very long time, no search possibilities, lots of roots to read etc. and it's probably the problem. If you visited the official Cubase forum you saw the construction is similar to the PLZ one and it's easier to attack people who want to sow the seeds of hate (not constructive) there