Hot Summer...

Have Scope hardware to sell or trade? NO DEALER POSTING ALLOWED.

Moderators: valis, garyb

subhuman

Post by subhuman »

Well it's getting kinda hot here this summer, so if you're in the USA and looking for Creamware I will beat or at least match any price you find on new product.

I'm looking to give as many people as possible great deals on Creamware hardware, and with Win2k in beta and 3.0 around the corner now is the time!

During September, I'll raise my prices back to normal.

That's all, done spamin' for now. :smile: Website below... Click it.
Mo

Post by Mo »

On 2001-08-05 11:23, Mo wrote:
On 2001-07-04 07:58, Zer wrote:
I wonder what the shipping and toll fee would be like, since the complete 19" solutions seem to be nearly 50% less expensive then in Germany although the single components are 15 % more expensive...
what´s this ? :smile: are the 19" components that inexpensive in the u.s.?
hoia subhuman
just moved these two posts from another thread into this one for earlier notice...

gruß,
Mo
<font face="courier"><i>native wishes...</i></font><br><font face="verdana" color="orange">da <font size="+1">peppi connection!</font> <b><i>music</i> and <i>video</i></b> feeds at <font size="+1"><a href="http://www.peppisworld.de">www.peppisworld.de</a>
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

Thanks Mo :wink:

For our rackmount solutions, we do group buys with another provider so we can get quantity discounts on many of our parts.

I think our prices are pretty darn good myself. We can do custom configs too.

Shipping to other countries... Well it is possible but with shipping costs & import taxes, it might not still be the cheapest solution. Wiretrasfer fees can get out of hand as well.
Mo

Post by Mo »

so... if i wanted to have a custom config consisting of exactly one component: an empty rackmount case (one of your systems, but without the system, just the rackmount case)... how much would that costs? shipping to europe... :wink: ?
<font face="courier"><i>native wishes...</i></font><br><font face="verdana" color="orange">da <font size="+1">peppi connection!</font> <b><i>music</i> and <i>video</i></b> feeds at <font size="+1"><a href="http://www.peppisworld.de">www.peppisworld.de</a>
Mo

Post by Mo »

ok, that´s not the kind of 'custom config' you meant, right? :grin: never mind...
ellipsis

Post by ellipsis »

subhuman,

i'm looking for a daw solution and i've been looking into getting a "wave digital" computer... and then i saw you on the-gas-station. there, you mentioned infinite vortex and i likt your solutions, but i have a few questions.

why don't you make your computers with scsi?

also.. i've heard that pulsar xtc doesn't run any existing (regular) vst plug-ins.. (I'm really interested in running waldorf's ppg wave 2.0 and reaktor with cubase VST). if this is true, why should i get pulsar xtc?

also.. heheh getting long winded here.. umm.. what would you recommend as a rackmount I/O solution for your DAW's?

I was thinking MOTU 2498 (i think that's the model)

thanks

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ellipsis on 2001-08-20 13:55 ]</font>
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

hey ellipsis :smile:

There isn't any product out which will run CPU-native plugins on a card -- the card would have to be a full PC running the appropriate OS! :grin:

Why Pulsar XTC? It integrates well with VST, and you can add the I/O plates
(2xADAT + SPDIF + Stereo RCA Analog I/O's = Classic)
(2xADAT + AES/EBU + Balanced 1/4" XLR = Plus)
to get your I/O with the new XTC 3.02 software.

There are many Pulsar plugins which rival all softsynths currently in production -- there is even the Waldorf Wavetable Oscillator in the Modular 2 synth (awesome sounding btw) which is available in some synths too... (see <a href=http://planetz.ghostwheel.com/phpBB/vie ... m=16&2>Big Blue</a> for example)

Supposively the masterVerb in XTC is finally a really good reverb -- anyone want to post up a review somewhere?

You'd also get the Volkszampler, which is a VST version of the STS3000 sampler, it's excellent especially for playing back AKAI cd's, I use the STS4k and find it quick & easy to make programs from WAV files.

Vectron player looks pretty interesting, but I'm more into creating the sounds, I think UKNOW 007 & the BlueSynth sound awesome though, the 007 particularly if you program it a bit more than the stock presets. Pulsar synths have a clinical, clean, precise, and large sound. Similiar to say, a Kurzweil or Waldorf Q actually. If you were lucky enough to score a $99 Electrix FilterFactory, you're probably pretty stoked using it on Pulsar synths.

Rackmount machines... get em while they're LOW, because we can't obviously keep making them for that price & stay in business :smile: Eventually we'll have to staff more people for support, and when we do, our prices will have to raise a bit. We finally have a source of PURE FLAT tube 19" monitors in a beautiful black color too, which will be added to the site when we get a chance to come up for air :wink:

SCSI? We can do this no problem, but here's why our off the shelf machines don't come with it: We're able to get easily 38+ channels off a 7200RPM IDE drive. IDE drives are quieter, cheaper, and run cooler, so you need less fans to cool them. If you need a SCSI system, we can do it, but usually only customers also doing video will require that power (& expense).

I'll avoid saying anything about Reaktor, but definitely check out the Modular 2 :smile:
dbmac

Post by dbmac »

Question (with too many acronyms) regarding CW's I/O plates:
Are the Plus I/O plates "TRUE" 24 bit AES/EBU and XLR in/out, or are the balanced connectors just cosmetic, and in fact wired to s/p-dif and RCA internally? I thought the "plus" boards contained extra electronics (which aren't present on the SRB) to handle the balanced I/O. That would make the Plus I/O plates "balanced to unbalanced convertors", which is somewhat handy but hardly the same thing.
/dave
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

A Creamware employee from Germany commented recently on Pulsar-SCOPE that there is a difference in the sandwhich card AND the snake between the Plus & Classic. I haven't tested this myself.