help with sts envelopes and wav files

Compare notes on how to get the most from Scope devices, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

oakstar

Post by oakstar »

hey, i'm a bit embarrassed to ask but, i haven't had much experience with this..
i have a wav file that i dragged to a program in the sts3000..
it's kinda short, and it's not my recording..
so what i want to do is create a sustain loop to that specific keygroup..
i can't seem to get the sts sample editor to work.. and the envelopes don't have that option... i tried soundforge but i couldn't find a "ping-pong effect" there..
the sample is a insert sweep effect sound, so what i want is to hold the sound at it's peak and then on it's release start the release phase, as if holding a key on a midi keyboard... but this is a wav file so the recording just stops at an unwanted time... so i'm looking for a way to edit this.. thanks in advance...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: oakstar on 2003-02-11 16:56 ]</font>
eliam

Post by eliam »

Go in keygroups>options, select a keygroup or sample, click on "sample editor" and you're there!
oakstar

Post by oakstar »

that's just it... the sample editor never worked for me..... i push play and hear nothing... after a couple of tweaks and twists, my frustration overcame me and i signed a contract never to use the damn thing again...
until today... maybe it's about time i get to know the reason for this??
RedSun

Post by RedSun »

Easy!

Just take a look at your STS-3000 device in the routing window. You'll notice that it has 14 different outputs: (L)eft and (R)ight mix, 1-8, Mon(L/R) and Spl(L/R).

(L)eft, (R)ight and 1-8 are pretty self evident. The interesting part here are the other ones. In your case, Spl(L/R), which means Sample player (L/R). These are the ones used by the editor. Just make sure you connect those to your mixer when doing some editing. The Mon(L/R) are used to monitor the Rec(L/R) inputs when sampling.

Have Fun!

RedSun .:.
oakstar

Post by oakstar »

thanks,
i got it working now...
now, how can i create a sustain loop using the sts envelopes referring to the sample?
i tried editing th env it but it doesn't make a difference.. plus i want to take that sustain loop and give it a ping-pong effect.. you know make it play forwards and reverse until release...?

thanks for all help..
marcuspocus

Post by marcuspocus »

On 2003-02-13 09:23, oakstar wrote:
thanks,
plus i want to take that sustain loop and give it a ping-pong effect.. you know make it play forwards and reverse until release...?
STS doesn't do the 'forward reverse' thingy... :sad:
oakstar

Post by oakstar »

damn, that sucks..
now i have to use the damn sample editor to do it manually...

but thanks all for your help...