windows 2000/xp

Compare notes on how to get the most from Scope devices, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Hendelstudio

Post by Hendelstudio »

I'm looking for windows 2000/xp driver
please reposte msg ^_^
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

hey man, no need to post in every forum. This thread should be locked or deleted.
indica

Post by indica »

good luck man I have been eMailing the support staff in germany like crazy to take part in the beta testing of the pulsar software for windows 2000. They have not even responded and I am more than sure that they have someone on staff to translate my English to German. I have even went to the extreme and sent them a message translated on babelfish, god only know what it actually said in german though!! Good luck and if anyone is actaully lucky enough to get their hands on some beta 2000 software lets just hope they share!
Mo

Post by Mo »

i´d guess these people might have some kind of non-disclosure agreement with creamware...

however, yes it´s taking loooooong, very long. but don´t worry. win9x works also well with current version 2.04a
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

It's because Win2000/XP sucks down the resources better than a vacuum cleaner! <a href=http://anandtech.com/IT/showdoc.html?i=1501>WinXP Transition -- Feel the Pain</a>
<ul><i>
...And since the performance loss we observed could not be linked to any specific configuration or tuning error (we used identical hardware and, whenever possible, the same device driver revisions), we must conclude that the phenomena are intrinsic to the OS and that the only viable solution is to upgrade the hardware :eek:
</i></ul>

Right... sounds fun! :lol:
Stubbe

Post by Stubbe »

Yeah, I am not so sure either that the XP-drivers will be so excellent and save the world as a lot of people seems to think.

As far as I can work out, some people are going to get disappointed when they find out that they'll have to expand their system (mor e RAM, maybe new mobo/cpu), as it seems that XP will be eating systemresources (especially RAM) like a monster :sad:

Hope they won't blame CW, they are obviously working like mad to get the best possible performance.

Eventhough I am in no way satisfied with W98, this may still turn out to be better suited for a while still, at least for some of us :sad:

Cheers
Stubbe
freddan

Post by freddan »

Agree! We're stuck with Win98 but I guess that it is (maybe much) better then XP what comes to resource utilization. Actually I'm running Win98 Lite which usese even less resources...
- Pulsar I / Creamware A16+A8
- Spirit Folio 12 (as submixer)
- 2 x Lexicon MPX-100 / Alesis Midiverb 4 / Ibanez DM1000
- Rode NT1 / Hooter Sound PreAmp
- Event 20/20 Bas
- Yamaha CX6x, Yamaha AN1x, Waldorf Micro Q
- AMD 1GHZ T-bir
Stubbe

Post by Stubbe »

Ooohh, I am waiting for the right moment to test 98lite, but I picked up somewhere that you need to reinstall everything again as if you just reinstalled the entire OS ?

How did it work for you ?

Cheers
Stubbe