the ultimate pulsar setup

Compare notes on how to get the most from Scope devices, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

marcuspocus

Post by marcuspocus »

I love my STS3000 too much for outboard sampler... Prefer working with my PC for sampling, but i wouldn't mind a Nord Modular, or something like this. But for the price, i'd get 6 more DSP (XTC or SRB) for using Mod2 at is fullest. But there is no way i'd use outboard sampler... I'd buy a STS5000 before an S6000!

It's a personnal opinions, others may not like depending on Pulsar, but i do!
at0m

Post by at0m »

No offence, but my S5000 has NEVER shown me blue screens. It's set up way faster- just turn on, load Multi, count to 10, done.

But the Midi Implementation suxx, as it does Creamware's cards. the Akai works w the strangest sysex commands...

atomic.
marcuspocus

Post by marcuspocus »

On 2001-11-19 12:09, atomic wrote:
No offence, but my S5000 has NEVER shown me blue screens. It's set up way faster- just turn on, load Multi, count to 10, done.
Well, mine never showed blue screen :smile: and it's true, that with big sample, it's sometimes a bit slow to load them all. But i don't really care, 25sec instead of 10 is a small difference for me, and as i wrote, i prefer to have it all in one place, this, for me is easier to manage.

I know it's not everyone who like this way of working, good for you if you like the S5000...

Anyway! Let's do some MUSIC!!! :grin:
at0m

Post by at0m »

Yer 100% right. It's the results and the fun in between that count!

:smile:
mano

Post by mano »

LOL man those posts about your marriages made me laugh so hard!

actually my wife laughed too! THANK GOD she loves when I create :smile: Of course if we were broke I would understand her getting upset (improtant point).

She loves electornic gadgets as much as I do :smile: so it's all good.
garyb

Post by garyb »

well,if you were broke and she complained,which is her right,remind her that ,(as super chicken told fred the lion, his trusty sidekick)"you knew the job was dangerous when you took it." :wink:
witchstar

Post by witchstar »

On 2001-09-13 19:45, algorhythm wrote:
you married (read: "whipped') bags give me a hoot with your failure to justify DSP addiction. :lol:
You guys are hilarious!!!

What the single guys don't understand is how BORING their lives are!
When you're married and have to smuggle your gear in and find ways to cover up your whoredom, LIFE IS FUN AS HELL!!! It's intrigue and mystery and espionage and all that fun stuff, just like when we were kids, except that the stakes are higher! (but not TOO high...)
LOL!!!

What a great topic...
ChrisWerner

Post by ChrisWerner »

If it is the model train in your cellar or the Pulsar in your Computer, it´s always the same,your wife gets dissapointed and angry because you spent your (free)time not with her.
Thinks turn round when you start to earn money with your music and spent it into a nice holiday with your wife :wink:

But back to the topic :
I must say that I use not much Pulsar Instruments and absulote no Pulsar Effects. The most in my music comes from VST or DirectX Plugs via Cubase.Pulsar Instruments are used to underline my songs or to bring some wired stuff into it,but not for the main production.
fm7 for fm,reaktor for sequences or drums,Waves for mastering, db for compression ,exsp24 for samples and so on...
Useing my only HardwareSynth CS1x to play everthink and for life control some functions.
But it is good to know to have the whole Pulsar Stuff in the back.
Cu
JoeKa

Post by JoeKa »

2 chrisW: It´s not the time you don´t spend with your wife, it´s the money that she could have spent much better (in her female opinion...)
:lol:
Robert

Post by Robert »

But what if you've got a model train set AND Pulsar.

Robert
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Hmmmm. Concentrate on Pulsar - after all you can't download track over the Net :smile:
dblbass

Post by dblbass »

to Robert - if you want to keep BOTH the trains AND the Pulsar, my advice is: forget about a wife.

Unless, if you have a son you can try to make it look like the trains are for him :lol:
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

you guys are just plain funny. :lol:
Ya know, coming to think of it, it's even harder to imagine what a woman can have hidden in her drawers cuz the stuff she want are smaller, more expensive, and easier to hide. But, of course I wouldn't know cuz I'm not married. hehe.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kensuguro on 2002-01-23 23:36 ]</font>
Sonic

Post by Sonic »

Hey, my wife loves it when I buy new gear 'cause then I can't complain when she's bringing in new clothes and stuff...Wonder what she'll buy as revenge for that tiny Luna 2496-box that UPS threw in a few days ago..:wink:

Perfect system: Guess everyone will have to find his or her perfect system. For me it's the mixture. Yes, running out of dsp-power is a normal problem and you can hardly catch up buying new Pulsar-cards (my wife would end up with too many clothes...).
I used to have 2 EIIIXP-Sampler and sold them both when STS4000 came out. Better timing, better sound, sounds saved with song, ...
Still using external synths (Virus, Nordlead2, MS20 (killermachine!!), ...) and heavily reelying on external fx: a pcm80/pcm90 reverb is unmatched by software reverbs, they all lack parameters and quality.
Which makes me end up with a large mixing desk still, but I like to work hands on. Mouse-fiddling all day can be very annoying.

Sonic