Speaking of free synths...

Compare notes on how to get the most from Scope devices, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

MeloManiac

Post by MeloManiac »

... you're all raving about the Transplanet, and although I think it's 'nice' (maybe I just don't really dig the kind of superweird sounds it can make), I think you should all turn to the Miniscope by Hummel if you haven't. It makes very rich 'bleeps', cool detuned leads and a ton of other things. And it's overdrive mode is really something.
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

From the 'free' hummel line, my favorite is the LOfi...

TransPlanet is capable of wonderful ambient pads and textures, but has many subsets of sound which you can get "stuck in" that aren't super useful. You can't really beat 8 OSC per voice, where you can morph between two sets of 4 OSC's in realtime :smile:

I'm actually more of a fan of Saturn than the miniscope stuff, if I had to choose one pulsar synth in the virtual analog subtractive domain.

The thing about Transplanet, is that it's something entirely different and a lot more complex than the usual VA synth. It's sorta like a microwave-va-fm hybrid. Don't judge it by the presets that come with it :smile:

Have you played with the rest of the hummel stuff? What did you think of it? I haven't had a chance to play with the tubeflute or subbase thing yet, but it looks pretty awesome. I heard some mp3s of them all, and the Mutant seems very promising, I really liked what I heard out of it-- but I haven't tried the demo or played with it in person.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: subhuman on 2001-05-03 17:14 ]</font>