Anyone Want To Do A Remix for an Album?

Compare notes on how to get the most from Scope devices, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

algorhythm

Post by algorhythm »

Greetings, Fellow Pulsarians! :grin: :grin: :grin:

As I have mentioned a couple of times, I am releasing an EP this summer. The theme is going to be downtempo abstrakt electronica of a 'heady' and 'intelligent' nature. There will be 5 tracks on the EP, plus the bonus remix track.

The track that I would like remixed is called "phahkt." There is an early version of the track on my website, which can be found in my signature. I have developed the track since then into a more sophisticated version with deeper rhythms and have added melody. I would like for the remix to be distinctly different than what it is at present. I would like it be longer and have melody too. Both my final version and the remix will be on the EP.

Why should you want to do this?
~ promotion on a publically released album
~ recognition
~ it will be fun
~ remixes are sometimes easier than original creation because you are confined within specific parameters

I have my own server space now, and will upload all of various elements used in the track for reconstruction at your discretion[and deconstruction!]. They will all be wav's, and my server is quick, but you had still better have a decent connection speed.

Details:
This needs to be done by end of June, so you have more than a month to finish it.
There is no payment for this undertaking.
[I don't expect to profit off of the album either].
Proper credits will be given to the remix artist on the album back cover, as well as contact information on the insert.
The remix will be placed onto my website with links to whatever you want.
My music is all "copylefted"; part of the "Free Music Philosophy" (search these words for details). This track will be no exception.

Should more than one person decide to do the remix, great. I will post all completed remixes to my website, giving proper credits, as described above. However, the remix for the EP will be selected strictly at my discretion, although I might be inclined to include more than one if the situation merits.

Please email me at algorhythmz@hotmail.com if you are interested. Thanks in advance!
maket

Post by maket »

I would like to hear original first.And if i like it-yes!
maket

Post by maket »

ok,i listened and i want, if the name of song will "Ask the robot about love"
Eurocide

Post by Eurocide »

FINALLY(!) something like industrial noises on Planet Z!
Please let us put our fingers on it.
It could end up in something like our "LIKTOR". Even more weird.
"Never send a human to do a machine's job" Agent Smith

<a href="http://www.eurocide.com">www.eurocide.com</a>
garyb

Post by garyb »

sure!
algorhythm

Post by algorhythm »

OK - enough already. Please stop emailing me. :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: algorhythm on 2002-05-17 05:49 ]</font>