A Planet Z record label?

Compare notes on how to get the most from Scope devices, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Robert

Post by Robert »

Is it a viable proposition?

This is an idea I've been thinking about, and I thought I would see what the rest of you make of it.

If its already been discussed then I'm sorry but I couldn't find it anywhere.

In this age of MP3s and Internet access it may no be such a good idea, but what do you think?

Robert
caleb

Post by caleb »

It's an interesting concept Robert.

In this forum in particular it could be quite relevant because I think the musicians here are of such a high standard generally speaking and the production value is also very high, so I think in the sense of talent and skills there would be no reason why it wouldn't be viable (Incidentally I would currently exclude myself from this assessment).

As for the practicality of actually doing such a thing, I would need to understand how setting up and operating such a label would be done before I would comment either way. I don't think the proliferation of mp3s in music distribution would necessarily be a show stopper, but I guess it would be a consideration.

Ah - anyway, I only really wanted to make a comment about the wealth of talent here. I think I'll leave it at that. :smile:
Caleb

Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

It's an awesome idea.. but I think the point is to keep everything free. The info, music, etc. So you could set up a label of free music.. but still, that won't be too different from what we have right now. So as far as PlanetZ is concerned, that probably should be the limit.

But true, people here would probably kick some ass if did something commercial. Instead, how about setting up a big Pulsar happening, say like in Australia, or wherever, and get together with your nearest Pulsarian, and do a gig? That could be cool. I dunno anyone in Japan tho.. :sad:
wayne

Post by wayne »

That's got me thinking! I'm imagining a series of 3 clarinet albums from MarcusPocus & Eliam: a hard rock/metal album called "Acca Dacca Bilk"; a gangsta/heavy hiphop record titled "Black Shaft"; and a dancey thing called "Disco Stick" :lol:

A way to share each other's musical worlds here in the Z community and wider would be a grand thing, but logistically, I'm a mere musician :???:
zounds

Post by zounds »

Wouldn't be a bad idea, but it's too early.

I guess, when at least three "Cooperation"-Tunes are finished, we can think about making a Planet Z Promo-CD with Creamware as Sponsor :wink:.
It could be spread in several Music-Shops. My favorite shop here in Munich (Live Lights Music -> http://www.llm.de) had offered help already, if I would "do" something with the pulsar-cards.

Advantage would be, that other interested musicians/producers/labels can listen to some skills of our different posters here, and it is a very special thing because of the "cooperation via internet".
A title can be "Planet Z - Cooperation-Demos made by the Pulsarian Internet Community" or like that.

What are the others thinking about?
at0m

Post by at0m »

paulrmartin

Post by paulrmartin »

at0mic....You da MAN!
marcuspocus

Post by marcuspocus »

Wow! I like this idea :smile: But i agreee that the logistic for this is not really in place yet, but if the 'cooperation songs' works, it kinda prove internet is viable for this kind of work, and you know what At0mic? This mp3 station, i listen all the times, cuz it's fun and cool.

And, BTW, if ever i'm as good as Eliam, well, yeah! why not do and album? :grin:
at0m

Post by at0m »

On 2002-05-06 05:05, paulrmartin wrote:
at0mic....You da MAN!
Actually, it's DeFeX who founded the station :cool:
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
paulrmartin

Post by paulrmartin »

ok DEFEX , You da man! :lol:
at0m

Post by at0m »

:grin: :lol:
at0m

Post by at0m »

Back on topic:

Maybe there's producers around here :???: with their own label, they could give some tips'n'tricks to the songs here, so they sound 'good' enough to release them on their label. Might be very well possible. Lately, I've heard many high quality songs, anyone wanna release them?

:grin:
djody

Post by djody »

Good plan !!! I think the angle that zounds took about Creamware helping us out could be interresting cos it a win win kind of situation
( xcuse me english ) Waldorf has a simular thing . i think that in that context a veriaty of styles would be a good thing cos it would show that you can do very different things with pulsar.. The question then is must it be pulsar only or is the possibility of using vst/vsti & pulsar in a mix or 24bit madness also a good angle for marketing blablabla....

Well i guess its to early to do it now but this could DEFenatly work !!!!
garyb

Post by garyb »

hmm.....
eliam

Post by eliam »

hmm, hmmm...
at0m

Post by at0m »

okay guys, please don't speak w your mouth full of food

Nestor

Post by Nestor »

I like the idea very much indeed! Both of them: the commercial one as well as the free MP3 one. Why not? We could start doing a song each, then put them together in a Public Web, sponsored by Creamware themselves.

It could be very beneficial for Creamware as a company, and for us too as musicians trying to open their ways.

If you propose a serious idea, I would certainly participate doing my very best, composing the finest song ever to come out of my head and hart so far. :wink:
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
Valium

Post by Valium »

second that!
garyb

Post by garyb »

let's see how it works.
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

On 2002-05-07 02:36, at0mic wrote:
okay guys, please don't speak w your mouth full of food

LOL :grin:
Information for new readers: A forum member named Braincell is known for spreading lies and malicious information without even knowing the basics of, what he is talking about. If noone responds to him, it is because he is ignored.