anyone willing to start a new music project?

Compare notes on how to get the most from Scope devices, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Retro

Post by Retro »

Cool grooves guys :smile:

I just added a "clean" synth line to Wayne's loop and uploaded it to kturn. It's a bit of a contrast to the surface noise in the drum loop but I kinda like that.

Personally I don't think we should come up with too many options for the basic groove of the piece because it will just make it very hard to choose one, and hence take ages just to get a direction happening. Once we've established a direction for the song there will be plenty of opportunity for lots of people to add their own parts. Just a thought for your minds to ponder...
calippo

Post by calippo »

I couldn´t download anything from kturn for days :mad: . Is there an alternative?
marcuspocus

Post by marcuspocus »

Me neither, impossible to access kturn. And I have a couple of clarinet loops ready!
wayne

Post by wayne »

Seems to be sporadic, but it's up 4 me now
Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko »

Retro I agree, the concept could be good if there were more users willing to do this but we are less than 10 people so.. shall we vote?

about kturn, I will try to find something else as this solution is a bit crippled

Cheers
at0m

Post by at0m »

I have another 50MB at my ISP, is that enough? You could use that, but everybody needs an ftp program to upload, or mail me their files. I could upload them, with max one day delay, but usually I check my mails very frequently and my nights are quite short |-) Dunno what my max mail size is, I think it's 10MB.

Also http://groups.yahoo.com offer limited file storage, let's say 20MB. You can make unlimited amount of groups, but you have to deal with yahoo's ads.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: at0mic on 2002-05-07 07:20 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: at0mic on 2002-05-07 07:26 ]</font>
calippo

Post by calippo »

:grin: :grin: :grin:
Valium

Post by Valium »

Hi there just a quick reply to At0mic's post as one of his ISP technicians :wink: Your max mail size is 5 MB and not 10 MB

Just wanted to get you from surprising failure notices.

Greetz
at0m

Post by at0m »

I wanted to ask you about that, cos I thought the same, but recently I had a 8MB mail in my box!?
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
at0m

Post by at0m »

I made a group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pulsarcollective

You can mail it at pulsarcollective@yahoogroups.com

If someone comes up with better idea's, I can still undo, no problemo dudes!

at0mic :wink:
Valium

Post by Valium »

Hehe, you're one of the few that experienced server malfunctions ...

Some other Telenet clients experienced this too but this is allready fixed now and it shouldn't be possible no more to get >5mb mails comming in ...

Greetz
calippo

Post by calippo »

Uploaded my loops to the group.
thanx atOmic!
wayne

Post by wayne »

Well i thought I'd kick it off again - my first SFP tryout (Slow Funky Piece) - it's here , and it's 78 bpm, so do feel free to fiddle with the tempo, if you so desire :wink:.

regards from Perth, where winter is trying to close in, but not getting very far.....
wayne

Post by wayne »

Hey everybody, got it installed yet? :wink:

Where were we .. .... :???: ... oh yeah, any ideas on how to run this yet?

I used to have a drum'n'brass band in Adelaide and we'd get together every Tuesday and stick together all the riffs we'd written that week, resulting in lots of 20+ minute tunes. We were called the Tuesday Welders :smile:
That's one way to do things, I suppose :wink:

So, which way, my friends?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: wayne on 2002-05-11 09:32 ]</font>
Retro

Post by Retro »

I'm still lurking while I wait for my mojo to get happening :smile: but I should mention SFP is running fine and dandy at this end, so no probs when it comes to the mixing stage.

Hope the rest of you guys haven't been eaten by bugs!
wayne

Post by wayne »

We still on?
Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko »

Hi, I was in La Rochelle for a week and it was party time! So, still interested but can't figure out a good way to do it... we got some loops and they are great (at least that's a first step done) now what? had in mind that we could do variations on them and build up verses etc... Anybody cope with that idea? Of course they will be quite differently mixed but we could have a lot of fun piecing them together. I don't think we have a theme yet do we? Marcus, you seem to have some clarinet riffs? Anybody?
marcuspocus

Post by marcuspocus »

Yes, i've done some clarinette riffs, but i seem to have trouble with files... Can't upload anywhere... We should first find a good place, or maybe it is only me with this yahoo group... They ask for username password...

The only 3 loops i have are Callipoloop 1 & 2 and funkjazz by you legros i think...
calippo

Post by calippo »

What´s the problem? You must make an account at yahoo, just like here at planetz. That´s it.
wayne

Post by wayne »

I posted a 78bpm loop at Yahoo, but then I got carried away and extended it, and put it in the music forum - http://planetz.ghostwheel.com/pub/pulsa ... ynef78.mp3 - so that one's easy to get at :wink: .
Maybe Legros you could do a demo vocal track of your liking and we could all give that a treatment and see what pops out :smile: - might be wild starting with just a vocal, build it down from there. Who knows? :wink: