anyone willing to start a new music project?

Compare notes on how to get the most from Scope devices, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

calippo

Post by calippo »

O.K., uploaded a loop too (www.kturn.com). I suggest that everyone who takes part should bring a bit of his own style in here, so my loop is a rather chilly one... (Nevertheless I´m of course open for everything else) Let´s see where we are going! :wink:
wayne

Post by wayne »

I reckon with the line-up so far there is a large possibility that something humourous will eventuate, so I'm kinda leaning away from Callippo's chill and more towards Legros' dopey funk thing at the moment. 'Tis all good :smile:

.I feel like this might be the time to work on an idea I had a little while ago - to record identically phrased bass lines on tuba, double bass and Fender jazz (and perhaps even Goofy?) - then let them be morphed in the mix. Phase cancellation nightmare, do you think? Or big unidentifiable organic bass synth? Proof's in the pudding, I spose.
2 more sleeps till I get back 2 my Pulsar
:cool:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: wayne on 2002-05-01 19:10 ]</font>
borg

Post by borg »

and in a few hours, i'll be off for a holiday :smile:

i'll see how things have progressed next week... but first i'm gonna go and check out them uploads. i'm curious...
andy
the lunatics are in the hall
zounds

Post by zounds »

I just listened to the loops :smile:

wayne, I agree, although nothing is fix now. the funkjazz-loop is that sort of that I had in mind.

But I think it's a bit too relaxed 8-D (a bit faster would do good, so that it's more driving and the soloes later won't come sleepy :wink: ).

Good idea to do some instrumentation round the loopz so the others can catch the main idea of it. That way we can decide the direction of the tune more efficiently and do our addings (of course for the mixes the instrumentation should be able to be separated to exchange with "fatter" ones etc.).

I'll do sum loopz over the weekend and post them to kturn. We should wait then for another week for others doing some loopz and then vote (or maybe wait 2 weeks? the better the product...).

What do the others think?
calippo

Post by calippo »

I think we should delay the next step until everyone taking part has sent at least one loop.
Yes, you are right, relistening my loop I must admit that something more funky and catchy is surely a better basis for a project like this.
I´m looking forward to listening to all your loops. Hurry up! :smile:
calippo

Post by calippo »

I decided to remove my first sleepy loop and replace it with smething a bit more funky. It´s just a drumgroove with a clavinet-lick I was recently working on. Originally there was also a guitar-riff, but I think the loop already gets too "musical" with it.
Sorry for the bad quality, I need a better mp3-encoder.
Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko »

Calippo, your first loop was great; the more we can get the better and yeah, we should wait at least a couple of weeks (a month?) to get the list up to 10-20 loops before voting?
calippo

Post by calippo »

allright, I just wanted to save some disc-space. gonna upload it again. thanx.
zounds

Post by zounds »

agreeing :grin:

Yes, we'll make a big box like "Lost+found" :wink: and vote for the loopz etc.
Are there any preferences by certain dudz here up to now?

On my side, the bassy/drummy and some soloing things I'd prefer to create.
And I like to do some gimmicks with human voice :wink:

By the way, this still being an open project, you all talk further about additional ideas (why not singing anyone as s.o. suggested previously?), ok?
marcuspocus

Post by marcuspocus »

Ok, i got the loops, i'll listen to them, but in percussion i'm pretty dumb, so i'll let you guys do this part, and wait for my parts.

BTW, legros is suppose to really sing something, hein legros? :wink:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: marcuspocus on 2002-05-02 18:24 ]</font>
wayne

Post by wayne »

I'll upload early next week - just have to travel 2800km to the Pulsar first :wink:
Lost & found, mix & match, :cool:
zounds

Post by zounds »

wayne

Post by wayne »

How'd you do that, zounds? :grin:
Legros, kturn seems to be down at the moment - does this happen often?
Oh yes and
On 2002-04-30 20:43, Retro wrote:
Can I mix it? :smile:

That's cool with me :wink:
Oh 4 cryin' out loud, I just went geek! :cool:
(well, that's kind of exciting 4 a tubist)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: wayne on 2002-05-03 18:46 ]</font>
Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko »

it's still down... no, first time i use it. If it's not back online monday then i will search for another one
Retro

Post by Retro »

Thanks for acknowledging my little request Wayne :wink: <-- and welcome to geekspeak!

I guess it will be quite some time before any mixing is required so I'll just lurk in the background until I'm needed...
wayne

Post by wayne »

Lurk on, bro :smile:
Well, I'm back in Perth now, Africa's just across the water, and I've flopped out a floppy one on http://www.kturn.com .
Love your grooves, Callippo & Legros, BTW.
This post is starting to sound suggestive! :wink:
Deary me, well I suppose that might just happen a bit on this thread :smile:
Any suggestions, anyone?

Oh and isn't it QUIET around here lately :roll:
Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko »

wayne, we're getting there! very good loop btw is that you playing da bass? if so this project just might lead to something really concrete hehe. home sweet home. marcus, i will sure have a shot singing! but you know, this project is build around the "lets have anybody have a shot at it" concept so... you guys (the ones who post in the music forum) should participate as well, what does it cost to post a small loop? come on, empty you dusty drawers! calippo, awesome loop also and retro how 'bout a little loop as well?
wayne

Post by wayne »

Right on! -yeah, that's me lovely old '72 Fender Jazz that I've had since '83 :grin: .I reckon it was built on a Wednesday. :wink:
marcuspocus

Post by marcuspocus »

Ok, i've made some clarinette takes on callipo2 loops for a first try... Done some tweaking on the loops, you now, a 117bpm is hard to fit when the loops point are not correct. So i had to cut small silence on begening and end of files, so it loops perfectly as it is Just drop it in a sequencer set at 117bpm...

Is kturn back online? I'll upload couple of clarinette loops and a nice intro done with lightwave (don't worry, it will be a wav or MP3)...

Maybe we could also put there the midi files containing arrangement of loops? Or do we put up there the complete wavs?

Anyway, i progressed toward something at least...

C Ya!
marcuspocus

Post by marcuspocus »

Well, too bad kturn turn out to be crap :sad: I'll make some takes on the funkjazz loop now... Again, just to get a feel at it...

If somebody has a place more 'available' than kturn, well, propose us something, cuz this thing is not working.

Also i would suggest that you try to find a drum loop with no instruments on it. For example, is if the loops contain a bassline that play on E, well, we're stuck with that E.... And this remove the opportunity to others to contribute for this part...

Anyway, they're still cool loops to jam on :smile:

C Ya All!