Reverb via Monitor on PulsarMixer

Compare notes on how to get the most from Scope devices, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

at0m

Post by at0m »

I previously wrote here:
If you put your main reverb in the 'Monitor' instead of Aux, you made a stereo Reverb. And as an xtra, in the bus panel, you can send some delay or so to the 'monitor'=reverb as well. This makes the reality feel stronger.

This seemed to me. This is not really true, because of the way most reverbs are built. Read on.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: at0mic on 2002-03-30 10:07 ]</font>
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

This depends on the reverb. Some have stereo inputs but sum this to mono, giving mono reverb regardless.
at0m

Post by at0m »

Here I wrote some blah blah about how good reverbs I have. :cool:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: at0mic on 2002-03-30 10:11 ]</font>
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

Little homework assignment for you: Listen carefully to the outputs of both your reverbs and tell me which one (if any!) is 'true stereo.' BTW - even some very highend reverbs are not! :smile:
at0m

Post by at0m »

Now that's a way to be sure :smile: I tested them w dry sound of, playing sequence of hard left, hard rigth panned samples. Here's what I came up with, quite to my surprise:

)-> MasterVerb Classic, MasterVerb, E-Reflector and STW 4080L mix both 'L/R In' to one common entry for the verb unit. When feeding them L/R, and switching 'stereo In' to 'left only', no difference is heard.

)-> Only the PT reverbs (I tested the 20 series) are built up of two parallel mono reverbs.

I'll correct my tip/trick above.

at0mic :oops: