INVITATION FOR THE FIRST "FIVE" OF YOU!

Compare notes on how to get the most from Scope devices, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

well, it's not actually "off", but there's sort of a wave in the groove, and I belieave Nestor did it so the groove structure brings out the trickier parts. Things like this work on a live take, but it's kind of hard to follow in a situation like this, especially because the drums aren't live.
paulrmartin

Post by paulrmartin »

Algo, no cheating on my parts. I played everything straight in one shot. I asked about recycle because I thought it was a way to correct the timing problem.

What do you think?
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Sorry guys! I’m very busy at the moment, working in a song I have to pass on next Wednesday morning, so it’s absolutely indispensable to concentrate on it for now.

I’ll be more than happy to do the Funky part again Ken, of course and sorry for the inconvenience created to you, Algo and Paul. It’s going to sound different anyway, cos I don’t remember which plug-ins I used.

But this time I’m going to do it through Moonizer, and your going to die with the sound! TIME it’s going to ROCK, or I will suicide with a Haraquiri cutting my tummy with a Pulsar Card.

Hope it’s ok to wait till Wednesday; it’s not to far away, is it?. I’ll do it on Wednesday itself. You can work on other aspects of the matter for the moment I guess.

Wowww! I’m so exited, it’s finally taking form... Thanks guys... :wink:
paulrmartin

Post by paulrmartin »

A japanese death poem(in haiku form):

Moonizer plug-in
After, Bass sounding
Sorrowful result
Seppuku
With Pulsar2

:lol:
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

update.. I went to dance practice today, as you know for my hiphop project, and fell down on my fingers while doing a backflip.. Don't ask me why me, the producer of the show, was practicing backflips. Anyway, I've got a jammed finger right now so I can't rip the keys. While this frickin' finger heals, I'll work on the mixing and stuff.. but all ya guys have been very good at keeping everything sounding good.. there's not much tweaking I need to do. (though separate tracks for drums would be nice)

Before I jammed the fingers tho, I've added the congas, minimal sustained chords with rhodes sound for the 3/4 part. I was trying to do a waw clavinet on the funky part and I couldn't go further. Everything is sounding very nice tho!
paulrmartin

Post by paulrmartin »

Ken, you'll certainly need a little compression on the guitar parts as I did not use any.
algorhythm

Post by algorhythm »

so, where are we at? Paul did some stuff, Ken added more, Nestor redid the bass.
Is Maket doing the melody, waiting on Ken's flippin' self, or what . . . ?
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

I've still got everything at my side. I've got most of it laid out, but still need to put in Nestor's new bassline, and then add my parts.
I'll see if I can put up a "current situation" mix file up on server. Will let ya know if I get it done. Probably during next week.
maket

Post by maket »

I'm here and waiting when i may to start
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Hey Ken, what´s goin on with your hand? It´s allright by now? (seriously)

Joke: You are good at mixing and we all know that, but be careful the way you mix your drinks... man! :lol:
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

When are we going to hear a preview or something like that in the Music Forum? Or you prefer to finish the whole thing before and then put it up? I would like very much to see what is going on right now, or at least, to know who is doing what.

BTW: I really like the sound you Maket pull out of your guitar, and can’t say less of some of Paul guitar sounds too, which are among the sounds I like most. How would this melody be? Mmmmm how intrigued I am! :eek:
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
paulrmartin

Post by paulrmartin »

Maket did guitar parts?

Where are they? :eek:
maket

Post by maket »

No, i did't made any.
As i told,i'm waiting for composition were i'll put melody,if you mind.So just simply let me know when i can do it.
And if there possibility assembley all parts,wich done before in one track?That will be more easy understand how this composition looked.And i'll melody at this and send my work as separate part of course.
best all
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

yeah, sorry peeps, I'm pretty busy right now. I've been moving around non-stop for the past few weeks now. So I'm doing a quick mix right now.
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

Sorry to have kept you guys waiting for so long. The test mix, in mp3 is up on the ftp. Didn't want to post a link up here before it's done. Tell me if you can't get it from the ftp.
paulrmartin

Post by paulrmartin »

I NEVER thought the structure would turn out this way. Great job, Ken! Here I was thinking that we had to stick to Nestor's original structure. I definitely have to start thinking more creatively about assembling stuff.

I am learning a heck of a lot more than i thought with this project.

Do you think I have to redo the open-fifths chords? I know I have to redo the funk...
Are we listening?..
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

Really? I thought you had the structure in you mind the whole time! I looked at the numbers besides your parts, and laid out the project. Sat there trying to think what you had in your mind, and made everything else fit accourding to that. And everything turned out to be in an interesting layout so I thought I might as well go by it. Kind of funny how this little "glitch" of miscommunication actually made things more interesting. :smile:

a new version of the funk part would be nice. Then, I can do a the congas again very tightly. Then, I can put in some waw clavinets, and THEN put in a solo. :grin:

Nestor, the new slap part ROCKS.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kensuguro on 2002-05-26 08:37 ]</font>
paulrmartin

Post by paulrmartin »

Ok! I will redo my funk guitar and try to make it more interesting at the same time. I'm not too sure about the tensions on IV-IV#-V rise at the end of the phrases...uh..Please let me know if you want them there or if I should lay out something more accessible to the general ear. :grin:
Are we listening?..
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Hello everybody... :smile:, I've been so buzy these last couple of weeks... uffff Can't pay attention to anything till I finish what I'm doing.

Anyway, it seems extremely interesting all the different spets already done and the change of the structure. I whish I new how to use ftp to go there an get the wav. file. No time to learn it now unfortunately... Best luck to you in your next steps... :smile:
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

I thought the rise was cool. I was thinking of doing a unison with clavs and together, it brings out Nestor's octave rise. (with that addictive groove!)