INVITATION FOR THE FIRST "FIVE" OF YOU!

Compare notes on how to get the most from Scope devices, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Nestor

Post by Nestor »

I just had an idea, for the first five of you that wish to participate. Five, because more it will just be to much, but we can do som more later.

Just for fun, I am going to post a couple of Guitarbass riff staff, and you go on with the rest as you want, creating music toguether. And each of the following 5 composers involved in it, have to agree on what are they going to compose.

For example, there could be somebody doing the harmony, another the drum, another the melody or the FXs, anything you like, etc. till we reach 6 people in total counting myself with you.

If you like the idea, please let me know here, so I post in the Music Forum, the Guitarbass samples you need to get started, and let's see what we can get out of it!

I'm going to allow myself to put the name of the song, It'll be called:

THE PLANET Z EXPERIMENT ONE

And there will problably be more, if you like the idea! Let's get the hans on it guys!
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
Matt

Post by Matt »

I'll have a go at that! Not sure which bit yet but when there's enough people let me know.
borg

Post by borg »

great idea. i'm kinda doing the same thing with some friends now.
listening to your music, this composer pool you suggest might be a bit out of my league (i'm already happy to play zoot allures at half speed :lol: ) but guys like paul martin or ken shouldn't hesitate a minute, i think.
andy
the lunatics are in the hall
Matt

Post by Matt »

Prompted by Borg, I have just had a listen to your music Nestor and may have to second the 'bit out of my league/genre' comment. Still, if it's just an experiment then I'm still happy to play a (small) part in it, for the taking part more than anything. I'll be here if you need me!!
algorhythm

Post by algorhythm »

depending on style, I might do the drums . . . I dig experimental electro / d 'n b / idm sorta stuff, not really into the straight on fusion thing too much . . .

oh yeah, just got a drumkat turbo and am itchin' to use it on everything! :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: algorhythm on 2002-02-14 05:47 ]</font>
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

If you pay attention to my music guys, you'll se that I'm not exclusivly into Fusion, but many other stiles. So, I'm not pretending doing Fusion with you, but something we ALL LIKE, obiously!

So, let's go, Algorithm, YOU GOT THE rythm! :smile:
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

So far we have:

Algorythm as: Drum and percution composition!

Cammon guys, I'm starting to desperate for your answers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go go go!!!
Matt

Post by Matt »

I'll have a go at some of the keyboards, the easier parts please, I'm not a fully trained musician, I play using my ear!! I suppose all depends on the style as well so perhaps a backround synth/keyboard part for me.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

No problems Matt! On the contrary, I appreciate your courage to get involved! Do it!

I would suggest for you to do some typical “sequence” job, just to get you started in this song. Just do your best, of course!

Have you heard those old disco songs, well, something like that, likeb this kind of sequences arrangements is what you could do. If you agree with that, tell me soon please, so you are one of the five.
paulrmartin

Post by paulrmartin »

Can I play? :smile:
I'd love for Ken to get into this one!

I think I may get the hang of this after all!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: paulrmartin on 2002-02-14 14:11 ]</font>
maket

Post by maket »

I can play guitar :smile:
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

yyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahoooooooooooo!!!!!!

Good guys! Yeaaa! Let's go for it!!!

So we have Pourmartin and Maket, excelent!

Let's say Poul, for you the task of doing the harmony... and for you Maket, the all important melody, do you agree? Tell me please, and so we are clear on whos' doing what.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Ken, they have sugested for you to participate on it. We all would be very glad if you do so!

I would like to sugest a double job for you, first, the synths as you like, using all your creativity there, and the final Mix, too. So you should be the responsable of puting everyting toguether doing the final mix as you understand.

Tell me please, if you agree with that. If so, everything is ready to go!
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

I thing the good thing is that everybody should be free in their musical understanding of what to do or not to do.

At the end of the day, we are going to get an incredible rich experience, because we are going to have all the files to leasen at them separate, and the final mix.

It's a learning experience.

If everybody accepts as sugested, it could be like that:

MATT as: Sequence job

ALGORYTHM as: Drum & Perc.

PAULMARTIN as: Harmony of the song

MAKET as: Melody of the song

KEN as: Synths.. FXs, the final MIX.

NESTOR as: Bass

Please, everybody, say yes or no, and let's sort it out. Thanks for your enthusiasm!
Micha

Post by Micha »

Yeah! The PULSAR ALLSTAR SUPERGROUP! :grin:
Go Pulsaring!
Micha
Matt

Post by Matt »

Hi

Nestor, I'm still inetersted in getting involved but a bit confused, could you explain you mean by 'sequence job'? Do you mean a bar part that's sequenced or something like that? Something over your bass? Sorry I'm lost!
Matt

Post by Matt »

Ahhhh!

Do you want me to sequence all the parts?
paulrmartin

Post by paulrmartin »

First of all, my name is PAUL. (If you prefer to call me Pablo, that's ok too :smile: )

Since I was asked to do harmonies, wouldn't that entail sequencing them as well. The reason I ask is because Matt would have to do a complete harmonic analysis of the piece if we send him the audio file of what we've separately done.

I believe that we are perhaps jumping the gun as Ken hasn't accepted yet...
Are we listening?..
Matt

Post by Matt »

Complete Harmonic Analysis!

Could I be excused that duty please...

Something simple for me if possible. If not don't worry. I can watch learn & join in on another one. That's fine by be!
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Very logical questions guys, due to the fact that we do not have a composing structure yet. We are doing it on the fly!

I think that after I've posted the bass samples for you, everything will be clearer. The following suggested order to build up the song I think is quite logical anyway:

First: bass
Second: harmony
Third: drums
Fourth: melody
Fifth: sequences
Sixth: synths + final MIX

I don't really have a precise idea of what you have to do, this is entirely up to your creativity, I just pointed some ideas out but you don't need to follow them. Those are just suggestions. I think that when going on as the song builds up and music is composed, a logical step by step will be born.