sequencing module

Compare notes on how to get the most from Scope devices, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

flamable

Post by flamable »

I´m searching for a sequencing module/device
(in pulsar) to control other synths or VSTi. Something similar to the Sb404 or the Virsyn sequencer - but to control other instruments.
Is such a device available for Pulsar?
Is it possible with the modular?
Perhaps anyone can tell me. Thanks.
Gregory

Post by Gregory »

There are the Arpeggiators found in the Creamware shop. They can control outside MIDI hardware. You could build a Modular device with its Sequencing modules since there are MIDI outs on it. Sometimes MIDI out is not implemented just yet in Pulsar so I can't guarantee any of this.
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

At least with v2.04a, MIDI out on the Modular2 was not possible. I am almost certain the arps Gregory mentions can control external equipment, though, if wired to a Midi Destination in the routing window.
marcuspocus

Post by marcuspocus »

Yes they can, exactly as you said, i've tried it with a roland Sound Module
algorhythm

Post by algorhythm »

actually, Mod2 can output MIDI, albeit in a rather limited fashion - check out Alfonso's patch for 8 MIDI out notes - I have used it to power inferno basslines and drum samples:
Alfonso's Sequencer Patch
better MIDI out would be excellent for the Modular though, as Alfonso's patch is clearly ad hoc. (No offense, Alfonso, it is brilliant!). This patch shows the severe limitations of Modular MIDI functionalities.
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

hi folks,
i'd really be happy to have midi sequencing in pulsar, think how nice could be to have all the midi stream inside the pulsar environment....but there is a great hole in pulsar on midi things.
my sequencer module is very limited and maybe just good to work on drum sets without opening other sequencers, but i would like so much to explore the scope dp possibilities.
for example we have some true midi streaming only with the drum seq. module.
with some little things added like legato or individual midi note outputs it could be used as a matrix seq.
i tried to use my seq.patch that way by transposing the dr.seq.module outs to a single scale notes, just to see how does it sound, but it's too much pain for a bad result.
i can't afford a scope system now but if i could my greatest pleasure would be to expand the power of our pulsar community.
(hehe, my narcisysm is bigger than my greedy money phantasies).

any scoper out there?

ciao, alfonso (thanks for the "brilliant")
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

My big wish for Pulsar:

A Pulsar sequencer with an "export audio" function.

I'd pay maybe USD$200 for even a very simple device like this.
cannibal

Post by cannibal »

Count me in too.

There has recently been a lot of talk on this at the Creamware homeforum and it is evident that there are a lot of people who would like to see CreamSeq come true one day.

Let's keep our fingers crossed, it might take some time though :smile:

Regards,
cannibal