Making Music Videos for a Scope track.

Compare notes on how to get the most from Scope devices, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dante

Making Music Videos for a Scope track.

Post by dante »

As a follow on from my attempt here :

http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=31728

I thought I would raise this topic to obtain some hint, techniques etc for making music videos once you've created a good track on Scope. This is probably geared to the home movie / youtube user end rather than fully pro. As I can then make a ScopeRise article for content gathered. For example, I used MAGIX Movie Edit Pro.

Some issues to kick the ball rolling :

1) For ScopeRise, I use a shareware called 'licecap' ( http://www.cockos.com/licecap/ ) to capture animations of Scope devices. The output GIF's then work in ScopeRise HTML pages. However, when I drop them into a Movie Edit Pro project, the results are shift in color registers which just looks like a bad acid trip. Anyone know of any good screen capture software that can be used ? For example, I would have liked to have shown Mattomatt with the LED's running in time with the music.

2) Doing the above by handicam pointed to computer monitors looses a lot of definition (blurry), maybe this can only be done if captured in HD ? I have seen this blurriness on a few Scope videos, seems one may have to pay a lot of attention to lighting as well.

So - whats preferable ? An expensive screen (motion) capture software vs HD handycams ? A mix of both ?

Any recommendations there ?

Tips for making normal music videos appreciated as well.
sharc

Re: Making Music Videos for a Scope track.

Post by sharc »

Any screen capture software I've used in the past has far too slow a frame rate to capture full screen at anything resembling realtime. I've never tried on anything faster than a P4 though. CamStudio is free and easy to use. Might be worth a try.

Alternatively if your handycam has a DV input you might be able to connect it to your gfx card which would likely give the best result possible.
petal

Re: Making Music Videos for a Scope track.

Post by petal »