Atoms

Compare notes on how to get the most from Scope devices, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

U4U

Post by U4U »

I thought about Scope/DP, but seeing the atoms makes me think twice. As far as I know all synths are made by Creamware atoms, if not you need very expensive stuff from CW to create your own or creamware must do the job for you...converting to *.pep etc. This looks like a super big fake. If we can have access to all the atoms maybe we can build our own stuff easily without buying much too expensive DP packs which can't do something else?! Am I wrong that it is possible to build a synth or other devices with these atoms? Of course, it seems to be obviously impossible to create a nice interface...

U
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

So what is it you're saying or asking again?

As far as DSP code-import, I know this is available, but I don't know how much this is supposed to cost in addition to the /DP software, or if it is included:

<i>
With the additional software DSP SDK, importing your SHARC DSP object code into SCOPE takes only seconds. Once you've done this, your module becomes part of the library and can be deployed immediately in your circuits, using all of the usual SCOPE tools and techniques. Even DSP development becomes a fast, interactive and creative process.
</i>
(From the Creamware website)

U4U wrote:
<i>Of course, it seems to be obviously impossible to create a nice interface... </i>

What exactly are you trying to say, that it's impossible for you to do this because you're not a graphic artist, or that nobody has created a nice interface? If the ladder, surely you haven't seen Neutron, Orbitone, or Timeworks interfaces yet :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: subhuman on 2001-11-08 23:06 ]</font>
John Cooper

Post by John Cooper »

On 2001-08-06 14:15, subhuman wrote:
SCOPE/DP really does need an overhaul, it's the sort of forgotten Grand Father of the system and Creamware hasn't exactly been on top of making sure the developers have all the new goodies to play with
indeed, a new version of Scope/DP will be required in order to allow developers to port their devices into the XTC and Pulsar 3.0 realms. the new Scope/DP version is apparently on track for beta...

-john
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

Wait... developers don't have the XTC toolkit yet???
John Cooper

Post by John Cooper »

CW is just rolling out first "pre-release" copies of it now.

-john
Micha

Post by Micha »

Again example for the weird politics they have towards programmers. Opposite to most, like Microsoft etc. These involve their programmers as the very first beta-testers, because they are qualified and really can help. And, by early access, can push the latest version with their contributions. So, by view from the statepoint of marketing, CW's attitude is not to understand. More simpler: They want to do it all themselves and are obviously not interested to build up a community. I cannot imagine, especially when I look at this forum, that helps and recommends and EVEN SELLS!, that their rules are intelligent. Together we are strong!
Happy pulsaring
Micha
U4U

Post by U4U »

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: U4U on 2001-08-08 00:52 ]</font>
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

well they are selling devices with the new atoms so they get an advantage for a while, they probably have enough new new atoms that wont be in 3.0 so they can make some other devices we cant.

It wont do them any good though..who knows what use something will be put to BWAHAHAHA
ontik

Post by ontik »

I think you might want to check out the Obsidian toolkit for Pulsar/Scope

http://www.obsidianuk.com

And it costs stuff all. Might not be all your answers but.....
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

I haven't really found a use for the Obsidian things myself. Musicians may find money better spent elsewhere, definitely get Modular2 first :smile: