STM2448 how to EQ

Compare notes on how to get the most from Scope devices, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Nebukadneser

STM2448 how to EQ

Post by Nebukadneser »

Hello,

Until now I have used my DAW (Luna II/Pulsar I/Pulsar II SRB) at home with my external synths and sound modules, but last weekend I brought my machine and the Luna 2496 break out box to my rehearsal studio to record my band (2x vox, 2x guitars, drums, bass, keys). Now I am mixing the stuff and I wish to use the STM2496 and not the mixer in Cubase SX2.2. All tracks are on separate ASIO channels into the STM2448.

I wish to use the EQ of the channelstrip on the STM2448 to bring out the right sound of the snare drum and the bass drum which are on separate tracks. Problem is that I cant figure out how to use individual EQ settings pr. channel. Whenever I switch channel - the previous EQ setting shows on the selected channel. There is probably a reason for this, I am new to that mixer, but it says in the manual that there are individual EQs on each channe. Any comments appreciated!

Neb
Lima

Post by Lima »

Hi Neb, I use it a lot and I confirm that every channel has it's own equalizer.

When I switch from one channel to another I see that the eq graph changes accordly with the previous settings.

Maybe a broken dev IMO. You could try to remove the dev and to reinstall it.
Welcome to the dawning of a new empire
Nebukadneser

Post by Nebukadneser »

Thank you for your reply - this is not possible on mine. Guess I have to reinstall.

Neb
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Hey Neb!

Have you double-clicked on the EQ curve display to activate 1 or more bands? You won't see any band selection buttons beneath the EQ curve until you do that. If you double-click on the curve 4 times, you'll see 4 new buttons appear which allow you to select between bands. I'm not sure what else your problem could be unless the EQs are still bypassed. I doubt very much that the device needs reinstalled, but I could be wrong! :)

regards,
Shroomz
Nebukadneser

Post by Nebukadneser »

problem is that if i work on the eq on one channel and activate ie. 2 points and adjust the curve, the same setting is adopted by the next channel. Settings for each channel get lost as I go from one to the next.

Neb
Ume

I have the same problem

Post by Ume »

Just to let you know.
I have the same problem.
I tried to reinstall the mixer-packs, but nothing changed.
So I'm planning to do a new install.
Nebukadneser

Post by Nebukadneser »

Now I have done some more tests:

My project is a modification of one of the example setups of the Scope package. The error is inherent in the "Audio recording pro project." What I did, was to open the example project and replace the ADAT in with my Z-link.

You may try it for yourself - open the example setup "Audio recording pro" and work on the eqs - the same setting is copied to whicever channel you select.

This may of course be due to some settings that I am not aware of ...

Hope someone can help me!

Neb
garyb

Post by garyb »

i've never seen that.
are you sure that you've changed channels?
maybe you could remove the mixer and then replace it. does that help?
Nebukadneser

Post by Nebukadneser »

Gary, would you mind testing your Scope 4.5 example project "Pro Recording.pro" or something like that? I believe you will experience the same problem with the EQ settings, and maybe you as an experienced user will see which setting I should change to correct this, (if there is any)?

Anyway - I purchased the DAS Dynpara M/S to compensate for this "missing" feature. Haven't installed it yet but looking forward to using it!

Neb
maky325

Post by maky325 »

Uhm...i dot want to be a smart boy but i believe that you are doing eq on Master bus and not on individual channel. So it is logical that all settings are same. I am guessing but i can remember that i was doing this too at the first when i meet with that mixer..You gotta know it inside out. When you do this you wont search for any other mixer. Yes it is that good....btw there is eq and compressor...
wayne

Post by wayne »

You're right, Neb - that's a corrupt project.

Have you tried building a different project from scratch (not starting with "ASIO Pro Recording")
garyb

Post by garyb »

yeah, i never use the examples. it's easier to build exactly what i need, and it takes me almost the same amount of time....
hubird

Post by hubird »

garyb wrote: and it takes me almost the same amount of time....
:-D