Real Wah-Wah Emu

Compare notes on how to get the most from Scope devices, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Real Wah-Wah Emu

Post by dawman »

I use to use an Apollo wah-wah pedal I had for 3 decades. It was solid, but I quit using it as it became noisy, then finally lost it somehow.

But I tried using a hardware wah-wah w/ Scope, and my hardware synths, and it didn't work. Then DAS released a freebie that sounded good, but could only be used in a recording, as there was no stanby / bypass, but still for free it was the meat and potatoes. But when I tried Wax-S I was floored. It is great for Scope synths, and has so much customization w/ filters, MIDI, FX inserts, etc.,etc..

Even though I programmed the bypass to a MIDI CC knob, I was wishing for the old way as usual, like stomping for the off / on of the effect, i.e. stompbox.

I had to try this and was shocked how good it works.

I took an M Audio expression pedal as they are cheap and work well. I then took a Yamaha FC5, which is a toggle style, good for Leslie EMU's, etc. I taped the M Audio expression pedal to the FC5 underneath the front end, and since I switched my CC from a knob to the FC5, it should work I thought. I'll be damned it works frickin' great !

I now have a real stopbox emu, but even better as Wax-S is such a marvelous creation. There is no wah-wah around with assignable inserts, filters, resistance, freq., rez,.etc.,etc.

Wanna make your synths really holler ? You gotta get this. It is the best live performance wah-wah ever invented.

For once I can add something to a usually complete device. As this is now a real stompbox live. I am prouid of myself, but Mehdi's predelection for massive details was the cause of my creative flow.

Scope will literally make it happen, a real masterpiece of software.

I doubt I could ever stop discovering things after this encounter.
the19thbear

well

Post by the19thbear »

you should be able to use the free wah wah pedal as well, by making your own bypass switch: just use one of the "switch it" modules, route one of its outputs to the wah wah, the other to... nothing! automate the switch it box to recieve midi from you pedal.. and TADA! ( i think! i havent done it myself..)
dawman

Post by dawman »

After years of having a having one in hardware, it's so nice to have one but with extra features.

It also helps hold my tired ass up after an intense dance numbers. Sometimes the kids I watch will make me tired.

What are switch it modules,...Don't believe I've seen them.
the19thbear

ok

Post by the19thbear »

you should be able to find it in the "devices" section. sorry wasnt called switch it, but you can find that as well, do a search for switch in devices forum.

http://www.planetz.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... ght=switch
it is not intended to be used the way you want it, but i think you can use it still..
it seems like its a 4 input one output selector... havent tried it but have a go! :D

take care.
dawman

Post by dawman »

ankyu.