6 aux and more: what for ?

Compare notes on how to get the most from Scope devices, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

spacef

6 aux and more: what for ?

Post by spacef »

Hello,
- I see requests in wolf's threads for 6 stereo aux sends.
What are these used for ? Are there many channels where you use all 6 aux sends?. or is it only for occasional stereo effects ?
- And why 10 aux sends ? I mean this would include at least 2 or 3 reverbs/delays right ?
Thanks in advance for enlightments.
Mehdi
spacef

Post by spacef »

nb: this is not a sub-liminal message that would say that i am doing a mixer with 6 or 10 aux (!!) just by curiosity .
:-)
hesnotthemessiah

Post by hesnotthemessiah »

Hi there spacef :)

I like to use the aux sends for sidechaining. 3 or 4 aux sends to compressors, a couple to modulate some filters, 1 or two to trigger a gate etc. Then one or two for delays, one or two for reverbs etc. etc. OK this maybe an extreme example, but that's the beauty of software isn't it? You are not so restricted by hardware limitations. I know that I could get by without all these extra aux sends by using Scopes brilliant Arrange screen but it is far more conducive to a good workflow to have everything neatly in place on the mixer. :)

This is not a subliminal message to say I want more aux sends. :P

:o more aux sends more aux sends more aux sends more aux sends more aux sends more aux sends more aux sends :o
hubird

Post by hubird »

less is more...
hesnotthemessiah

Post by hesnotthemessiah »

more aux sends more aux sends more aux sends more aux sends more aux sends more aux sends more aux sends
hubird

Post by hubird »

stardust wrote:huub that is really hard to read !!!
it was YOU who leant me to use the numbers
dawman

Post by dawman »

I would use one live to bring in and out FX to groups, or individual channels, and sidechaining as well.

Hardware mixers such as the awesomely designed Crest Audio XR series, which I asked DAS to emulate for me for live vocals, instruments, as well as monitoring, where AUX's are always needed.
garyb

Post by garyb »

that's how i do it......
hubird

Post by hubird »

stardust wrote:
hubird wrote:
stardust wrote:huub that is really hard to read !!!
it was YOU who leant me to use the numbers
Dont blame me, pls. But the trick is to press the quote and read the sorce code there!:D
Sure :-D
That's how I saw you typed a number lower than the 'tiny' alternative
hubird

Post by hubird »

I demand sizable smilies :-D
spacef

Post by spacef »

stardust wrote:
hubird wrote:
stardust wrote: Dont blame me, pls. But the trick is to press the quote and read the sorce code there!:D
Sure :-D
Nah,...if you say so, it must be true !
if it had 6 aux, would it have 10 stereo 6 mono, 12 stereo 4 mono, both?, more mono/more stereo? please think not of the max or ideal you would like, but rather the minimum. Funny, talking bout 6 aux makes people so small - put resizable smiley here -
spacef

Post by spacef »

spacef wrote:
stardust wrote:
hubird wrote: Sure :-D
Nah,...if you say so, it must be true !
if it had 6 aux, would it have 10 stereo 6 mono, 12 stereo 4 mono, both?, more mono/more stereo? please think not of the max or ideal you would like, but rather the minimum. Funny, talking bout 6 aux makes people so small - put resizable smiley here -

well, i answer myself... infinity of mono/stereo ;-)