Solos w/ Flexor III, and C4T

Compare notes on how to get the most from Scope devices, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Solos w/ Flexor III, and C4T

Post by dawman »

I am extremely happy w/ Sharcs C4T and the way it modulates the tuning like the real boys use to do. When I get the portamento just right, a simple trill that would sustain the last note played, retriggers the LFO cycle ( slow ) and one can hear it fatten up over time. But these are portamento style trills where one note must always be held down.

I have the LFO rate of the C4T match the rate of the SSB Modualtor using a very slow phaser effect, and this gives it some extreme motion.

But now I add Flexor III w/ a duo-phonic preset w/ a long attack, so that it is not heard until you sustain the last note played for a second or so. Remember that even though you are playing monophonically, the effect works best when one or two notes are held down. For instance, when I want the interval of a 5th played w/ portamento correctly applied, one of the notes MUST remain depressed. At first this may be akward for most cats, but I have been playing these old FAT BASTARDS for a long time. But Flexor III's long attack creeps in and really makes a poroperly played monophonic portamento lick swell with whatever flavor you wish.

Sorry if this seems overly detailed, but trust me, this is something I had great difficulty pulling off with hardware, and it didn't even sound as good.

I'm finally realizing the awesome potential of modular synthesis done in DSP. My ancient ARP 2600S mixed w/ the ARP String Ensemble took 2 hands !! And had little if any variation available.

This example was used so that if anyone had Flexor III, they could try this out 4 themselves and witness the powerful combinations available to us, as the C4T is free.

I will now try this and add the real analog SE-1x to the C4T, and ProWave to the Flexor III.

Yes I Am Sick, That's What Powerful DSP DAW's Have Done To Me.

I Hope Someone Who Wants A Lead Track More Exciting Than A Guitarist Can Play, Tries This As Well.

Don't Forget To Add SpaceF's AUX Delay, if you are fortunate enough to have it that is.

Thank You Team Adern, You Will Soon Be Tired Of Me, It Is Your Fault Afterall,