Want to use the Marshall power-amp with the Rectifier? (Dyna

Compare notes on how to get the most from Scope devices, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

voidar

Post by voidar »

UPDATE:

So it seems not to be so easy after all. dsp.idx is just an index-file, and dsp-file names are coded in the files themselves. Apparently Scope looks for DSP-files and not their file-names.

I'll continue to experiment and see where it leads..

I am sorry for my too hasty conclutions.

-------
So, I am looking for a way to fool Dynatube into being a cab-sim only plugin (for some reason :razz:). I haven't succeeded yet, but I came a cross some other discoveries. It's simple really.

But important! Remember to backup before changing anything!

1. Shut down SFP/XTC.

2. Copy and rename this file:...

Softube JCM-800 Powamp 44.1 kHz2 i:/program files/audio/sfp/app/bin/../dsp/j84b.dsp

3. ... to this file:

Softube Dual Rectifier Powamp 44.1 kHz2 i:/program files/audio/sfp/app/bin/../dsp/dr4b.dsp

4. Relaunch SFP/XTC. You should now have a Rectifier running on EL34's :razz:
This will tighten the amp up and oviously remove the tube-rectifier "sag" that "plagued" the Recto poweramp.

This obviously only works in 44.1KHz mode. There are other files for 48KHz (Dynatube doesn't work at higher rates - or perhaps there's just over-sampling?).

If you have been paying attention you will understand that you easily can "re-wire" the amp-models any way you like because the code is separated into preamp, eq, poweramp and cabinet models.

All you need to know is in the file: ..App/Dsp/dsp.idx - now, experiment.
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: voidar on 2006-04-17 17:36 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: voidar on 2006-04-17 17:39 ]</font>
jea

Post by jea »

Ahhh!

Thanks Voidar!

Great!

When I come out from hospital I will check this out.
eh, you're right, :-) I am a luna(t)ech!
voidar

Post by voidar »

Hmmm. I think to be mistaking something.

Scope doesn't seem to read from the .dsp's at startup. Does a device have to be recompiled/reinstalled for changes to take place?
astroman

Post by astroman »

sure it reads dsp.idx... :wink:
if a NEW .dsp file is added to the folder, it's added to the index file's .dsp collection, the reverse on removal.
Most likely it ignores the renamed file because it doesn't detect any difference in the content :wink:

cheers, tom
voidar

Post by voidar »

Yes, but I think the files embedded name is what is important. I can't fool Scope into thinking it loads the right process/file by editing dsp.idx or renaming files.

I would need to change the files ID. Which I doubt is possible without expensive tools and knowledge.

Any input is welcome :smile:.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: voidar on 2006-04-18 05:51 ]</font>