Happy newbye User:)

Compare notes on how to get the most from Scope devices, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

massi

Post by massi »

Hi everybody,
After long time I wished ,I finally entered the creamware world with a pulsar II with scope 4.0 software.
I already wish more cards to add dsp...

I'm an italian drum and bass producer since ten years,and after the struggle between sx(I started on atari 1040 v cubase 1.0) and reason,I'm finally happy to work in the following way with sfp as core mixer for my productions.

My virtual studio is:16 asio source from reason(or whatever needed) goes straight to the sfp mixer,16 asio dest from sfp mixer goes into Sx asio cahnnel for recording.
Midi channels from cubase controls sfp Devices(synth or whatever with notes-automation) and I can use vst as usual.

Now I'm trying to manage the insert of Sx into Sfp mixer,without passing trough Sx mixer.

I'm very satisfied of the modular structure of Sfp and I think I will work long time with it.

One thing I can't manage is to have the usb(with midi din cable it works fine)oxygen 8 driver directly loaded into Sfp.

Is there a way to use m-audio usb driver without connecting the midi cable ?

Many thanks

Massi

New Pulsar addicted!!!
Let music Rule!
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

Ciao massi, :smile:

I'm italian too, but english is the language here, so...

Scope doesn't allow for a direct usb midi input, but if you have an open Cubase SX, you can just select that USB port as a MIDI input for a MIDI track and select the Creamware MIDI destination for the same track.

I use just the MIDI inputs of my Scope cards, but I always go from there to Cubase, then I come back to Scope environment through Cubase and hook my Scope synths to the Sequencer MIDI source. The same can be done if you enter Cubase with USB MIDI.

If you only want to have Scope open and no other apps, you are forced to use a midi cable.

Anyway, Scope is too good!

Where do you live?

:smile:
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

Hi Massi,
i'm italian too and i'm involved in dnb as you.

We have a dnb community for italian DNB producers and i'm the only one using this powerful and versatile platform.

I think it's underrated by most of dnb people and i hope you'll enjoy it.
massi

Post by massi »

Thanks everybody for the replies!!!

Yes Scope it's wonderfull platform that match and overcome most semi pro(and some pro too) hardware in a fantastic single solution inside pc:)

Scope it No limits!!

(just added my aim for anybody who whish to share ideas about music and d'n'b)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: massi on 2006-04-08 18:06 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: massi on 2006-04-08 18:08 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: massi on 2006-04-08 18:17 ]</font>
Lima

Post by Lima »

Ciao Massi, I'm another italian user. I'm not a D'n'B big fan, but I'm happy to talk with you about ours common interests.
Scope is great, indeed! :smile:
Welcome to the dawning of a new empire
hubird

Post by hubird »

wish you all nice selections... :-0
H-Rave

Post by H-Rave »

hubis loopback it acts as a sequencer source and you can control without a sequencer in usb mode.
http://hubis-loopback-device.qarchive.org/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: H-Rave on 2006-05-09 13:58 ]</font>
dawman

Post by dawman »

I use 2 x M Audio 88 note USB controllers. But I prefer MIDI instead of the USB only. But I use both. USB 4 power, and MIDI goes to MIDISPORT 8 x 8 then to the cards MIDI ins. I disabled the USB ports in device manager, but for some reason they still provide enough juice 4 powering up the controllers. I am using 3 x scope dsp cards, and this was extra insurance on the IRQ conflicts. Welcome aboard BTW. All who have answewred here today are severe scope heads, and will always help you as they did 4 me last year. Don't take advice from anyone at northern sounds though. As they are all experts that can't agree on where the sun rises or sets. If you use gigastudio feel free to pm me anytime you need. Just don.t go to northern sounds, as it has a large number of idiots in it's ranks. The " Z " on the other hand is the most professional tech support forum available, I still think CW should send free stuff to John Cooper 4 such a great place to learn scope. Don't think that you can get by without reading the manuals though. As I asked similar questions and was re directed to the manuals. AARRRGGGHHH. But they are crucial in learning scope.

As You Were,